whats the most expensive and rare breed of chicken?!?

The pairs will be about 3-4 months old and priced between $3,000 - $5,000 per pair. Price is depending on the quality of the juvenile birds.

Since there is no standard for these birds what would "quality" be based on?

There is no real standard but most people agree the blackest of the black ones are what you are looking for in the breed. Since the genetic pool is so small you don't have much of a choice though. The quality for the $3,000 is pairs would have a few white feathers, or white toe nails. The $4,000 range is pairs that have no white but don't have the dark green sheen in there feathers and have a gray tongue. The $5,000 range is the best of the best they have no white and they have a deep green sheen in there feathers, black tongue.

4k?

That is not worth it, not by a Long shot.
You may have a million dollar baseball card, but if the only man on earth that wants it will pay 10 bucks? its a 10 dollar card.

good luck with you 5000 dollar chickens
pop.gif

Its not high its lower then what other people sell the pairs for Greenfire farms is $5,000 a pair. I've got a waiting list for my pairs already!

good luck with you 5000 dollar chickens
pop.gif
I guess get what you can.
I don't see how most these breeds fetch the $$$ they do. I know the importation cost that Greenfire must go through but after a year or two look how much many of these go down.

I raise crele penedesenca and white empordanesa,
Crele penedesenca are more autosexing than anything I have seen . lay dark brown eggs and are probably 1000 times rarer than a leg bar now.
white empordanesa is rarer than probably most anything here in the states except a few breeds.

They are not expensive though. I almost give eggs away to try and widen there popularity

Back
Top Bottom