Whats the weirdest thing your chickens have eaten or tried to eat??

I had one catch a crawdad in the yard today! It was funny with all the other ladies trying to catch her to take it away. It must be a hot commodity!

I had one catch a crawdad in the yard today! It was funny with all the other ladies trying to catch her to take it away. It must be a hot commodity!

When I had my toddlers (4 week olds at the time) inside I would line the bathroom with newspaper for easy clean up,my mutt roo must have thought the newspaper to be a delicious treat he would tear a piece up dip it in the waterer and down the hatch it went. I have also busted them trying to eat a plastic toy car that my 5 year old son left in the run. They go nuts over turkey and chicken fight to get to the dog food and have occasionally eaten a chicken turd or two. According to my 16 yr old daughter our chickens have the prettiest shiniest feathers.she compared ours to her friend's flock who apparently have poor feathers that fall out when you pet them. I smiled and told her its all in what they eat!

I would have loved to see one of your chickens running with a crawdad I bet it was a funny sight to see.
gig.gif

My lakenvelder hens find our 2 year old to be a tasty treat! However said 2 year old doesnt think hes good "chicky food" =)

Back
Top Bottom