Whats the weirdest thing your chickens have eaten or tried to eat??

Hope mine will start eating wasps when they get older! They did kill their first frog this morning.

Yesterday the 7 week olds ate the bottom out of one of those disposable aluminum cake pans.

A live ten inch snake. She got it down too! Kinda like a plate of spaghetti that you have to beat into submission before you can swallow it.
They like to peel off the paper labels on a new waterer if one edge comes loose.
Then there's the perennial favorite - Styrofoam.
Wow, now I feel guilty for trying to toe-bump one of my roosters away from a tiny baby blacksnake yesterday. Good to know it's okay for them to eat them.

Wow, now I feel guilty for trying to toe-bump one of my roosters away from a tiny baby blacksnake yesterday. Good to know it's okay for them to eat them.

gig.gif
"toe-bump" Love it! Much nicer than kick. Like, "I'm gonna toe-bump your *** if I catch you doing that again!"
lau.gif

If I remember right Lentils are poisonous to chickens before they are cooked.... Thats why they wont eat them... Ill have to go back and see if I can find where I saw it.

Raw legumes (beans) have a chemical in them that is poisonous. So they have to be cooked before giving them to the Fluffy butts. Check the Chicken treats list in the learning center.

Back
Top Bottom