What's with your user name? And what about that avatar?

Nothing too creative on this end. When we got chickens about 14 years ago, we started calling them the chickerdoodles. They would come running all the way from the barn to the back deck for bread when we called them.

As for the avatar, it is a blue and gold macaw from the sanctuary a good friend of mine owns. I don't have any birds myself but would like to someday have one I met at the sanctuary named Big Bird. He is a mollucan cockatoo.

Last edited:
My user name is because I used to work in the education department of a zoo, and now my whole life is a zoo - with 4 active kids, a couple pets, and now chickens.
smile.png

My avatar is my cat and chickens staring each other down through the front door.

My user name is the name of our farm. Our farm is the initials of my late father in law. Outpost is for the fact that we live in the country amongst the animals mainly. We bought this 3 acres a couple years ago. It has been far more work than we imagined. Isn't everything. But everyday we are trying to make it better. Maybe someday it will be where we dreamed it would be when we took our first walk through the "bumpy floor house" as my daughter called it.
smile.png

The avatar....LOL! Have no idea how to change it. Have been instructed a few times, but I always do something wrong. My laptop hates me.

Last edited:
EmtheFishLady, my name is Em and I used to maintain aquariums. Most people just called me "The Fish Lady".

My avatar is the Cheshire Cat...whom most people would compare me to.

My husband's name is Trampas, thus I am Tramp's wife or trampswife. :) After 17 years of marriage, we are still Lady and the Tramp.

As for my avatar, these are my girls (and the ducks) cleaning up the garden after the first hard freeze this year. They love it!!

My User Name is the name of my eventual farm; when I finally up and move South that is. I intend to raise and breed Buckeyes and Black Australorps, so I combined the two to make BuckAlorp Farm.

My Avatar is the a pic of the Best dog I have ever known; Molly. I had to put her down due to kidney failure back in 2011, I still love her and miss her immensely. She was a cross between Beagle and Labrador and very smart, almost too smart. Her biggest flaw was getting into the house garbage while I was at work, leaving a scattered mess around the house. Once I went to scold her and searched the house, couldn't find her. I knew she was in the house; she jumped in the tub and hid behind shower curtain. I figured that was too smart to scold and hugged her instead. Yeah I'm a softie.

My Username, while not my given name, is the name my friends, family and co-workers call me; some probably do not even realize that it is not my given name. I have been Teila for a very very long time.

I had always hated my given name. The young son of a friend could not pronounce my real name and just called me Teila; it spread from there and stuck!

My avatar changes; this is #4 and probably my favourite to date. The little one is affectionately know as 'Spot' until we know if it is a boy or girl; definitely a keeper if a girl! 'Spot' gets called 'Spot' as in spot the chicken because this little one hides in mum's feathers way more than any other chicks we have had.

Back
Top Bottom