What's with your user name? And what about that avatar?

I'm not very creative, I'm afraid. Back in the day (wayyyy back) we had a CB radio in the house. My "handle" then was CalicoBlue - I was also a quilter and that was back in the day before the quilting resurgence hit. In fact, a neighbor once referred to me as "That poor woman on the corner who has to make her own blankets."

When I first got on the internet, I hosted a quilting chat room for AOL. My name was, of course, CalicoBlue. It was much like this place - a whole group of people from all kinds of places with all kinds of experiences and all kinds of skill levels with one common denominator - here it's chickens, there it was quilting. CalicoBlue got shortened to Blooie. I have friends even here in the area now who almost always refer to me as "Blue" or "Blooie". I didn't see any reason to change that.

My avatar is special to me. It's actually part of a photo my daughter and had taken of us on our first cruise this summer. We had a blast. It's the first time in quite a while that my daughter has relaxed and actually interacted with people in her old, friendly way since the death of her oldest son - my grandson - two years ago.

See, nothing imaginative, nothing creative. It just is what it is.

Poop my original post is so old I can't edit it to reflect the change in my avatar....
Any way I am stuck on a eyeball theme this one is of my cat, Rocky's eye...
There you go Roboduck :D

I am Perchie.girl..... Been Perchie.girl for as long as I have had My Percheron mare Katee..... Katee has been alll over the internet starting out with DraftNDrive on Yahoo groups.

I chose Perchie.girl because back in the day computers wouldnt allow a space in email addys.... the .girl is just to let people know I'm a girl.

My avatar changes.... MOstly with different pictures of Katee and I. Sometimes drawings I have done. There is a little file of them on my Profile. But this latest one is on request.... Yep thats me... infront of the only restaurant in my little desert town. Used to be great food... Now its just the same as everyone else....

I am pretty much only on BYC now. this is such a Diverse group and I have been able to find quite a selection of discussions on just about any subject I am interested in. Or have become interested in.

Oh and I make no secret..... My name is deb

Debra LYNN if mom is mad at me.... LOL. doesnt make a difference that I am 59
barnie.gif
gig.gif

deb

Last edited:
I am Perchie.girl..... Been Perchie.girl for as long as I have had My Percheron mare Katee..... Katee has been alll over the internet starting out with DraftNDrive on Yahoo groups.

I chose Perchie.girl because back in the day computers wouldnt allow a space in email addys.... the .girl is just to let people know I'm a girl.

My avatar changes.... MOstly with different pictures of Katee and I. Sometimes drawings I have done. There is a little file of them on my Profile. But this latest one is on request.... Yep thats me... infront of the only restaurant in my little desert town. Used to be great food... Now its just the same as everyone else....

I am pretty much only on BYC now. this is such a Diverse group and I have been able to find quite a selection of discussions on just about any subject I am interested in. Or have become interested in.

Oh and I make no secret..... My name is deb

Debra LYNN if mom is mad at me.... LOL. doesnt make a difference that I am 59
barnie.gif
gig.gif

deb
Deb, Debra LYNN, Perchie girl - a friend by any other name is still a friend.
hugs.gif

My user name has been in existence since 1996 which is the year I bought my first at home desktop computer. I am an accountant so no big surprise on the 'bean counter' type handle. BeanCounter123 was my first choice on AOL, but my teen daughter (at the time) gave away our password and they kicked us off AOL immediately, the same day we signed up. So, we circumvented the rules and re-created and chose a different name and I didn't give the kids the password so they had to have me type it in for them to be able to access the account. Bean789 was created and I use it a lot for internet access type situations where you have to sign in to get info or read the article, or comment on articles, or places where financial transactions/info are not involved, etc.

As for my avatar, that is Ivy, my Mottled Cochin bantam, when she was about 6 or 8 weeks old. I can't remember the age of the pic at this moment. We took pictures of all 8 baby chicks each week until they were 12 weeks old (new chicken keeping since April 2014) so we could see the growth and color changes. When we first got the chicks, none of them really looked like their adult counterparts but we had fun figuring them out as they grew. Miss Ivy is now 28 weeks old she is a little waddling ball of feathers and fluff, mostly black with mottled white here and there underneath.

I have thought of changing my avatar to a more recent pic of my girls but it is difficult to choose which one to highlight as they are all so beautiful now and it is very difficult to get them all in the same pic.

I was explaining to my little brother that hermit crabs claws are like their hands, and he said handy hermie! Which inspired my username on the hermit crabs forum, handyhermits. When I joined byc, I changed it to handyhens

Back
Top Bottom