What's with your user name? And what about that avatar?

I have already answered the questions and reasoning a couple of pages ago but I am enjoying reading all of the creative names as well as the ones who think they are not too creative.

Each one is unique with a different story...your story...and that makes each of you so very special. And you are from all over the world! Places I will never see and can only day dream about. and yet, here we all are....over chickens!
D.gif

Love to hear the stories. Especially the one a few back that lives on an island, paddled a canoe to school and walked a mile besides, in all kinds of weather. Not making fun...but my dad always told me stories like that and he grew up in Florida, dirt poor and often no shoes. But his always ended with how he walked 5 miles to school........uphill.......both ways (always spoken with a twinkle in his eye).
th.gif
Actually, he was such a charmer, a friend of his sister often carried him piggy back when he was just a little guy.

I have already answered the questions and reasoning a couple of pages ago but I am enjoying reading all of the creative names as well as the ones who think they are not too creative.

Each one is unique with a different story...your story...and that makes each of you so very special. And you are from all over the world! Places I will never see and can only day dream about. and yet, here we all are....over chickens!
D.gif

Love to hear the stories. Especially the one a few back that lives on an island, paddled a canoe to school and walked a mile besides, in all kinds of weather. Not making fun...but my dad always told me stories like that and he grew up in Florida, dirt poor and often no shoes. But his always ended with how he walked 5 miles to school........uphill.......both ways (always spoken with a twinkle in his eye).
th.gif
Actually, he was such a charmer, a friend of his sister often carried him piggy back when he was just a little guy.

Glad you enjoyed it. I lived just outside Portland, ME until I was 12...spending my summers and weekends on the island but my mum moved there full time when I was about 9 so I knew what winters were like before I decided to move out there with her. I left the convenience of suburbia for the "simple life" which is never as simple as people dream about but as we've always said, "it builds character".

Oh we had a heat wave last January that made it up to 20*F...I was outside shoveling knee-deep snow in a skirt and tank top. No joke. We'd been down in the single digits and teens for far too long not to take full advantage of such warmth!

Last edited:
I knew a guy through another forum that we became pretty good friends with who lived in Maine. We've since lost touch because of his failing health and no one else lives near him to check on him but he was always funny about temperatures. He gave us a whole rundown of t-shirt weather, sweater weather, so on. I think it had to get down to 40 below before a real coat was considered. He used the name Laserart on that forum. He did some amazing things with his laser. He sent us a lot of samples of his etching and engraving on pieces of wood. Funny how friendships occur with people you never actually meet in real life.

I knew a guy through another forum that we became pretty good friends with who lived in Maine. We've since lost touch because of his failing health and no one else lives near him to check on him but he was always funny about temperatures. He gave us a whole rundown of t-shirt weather, sweater weather, so on. I think it had to get down to 40 below before a real coat was considered. He used the name Laserart on that forum. He did some amazing things with his laser. He sent us a lot of samples of his etching and engraving on pieces of wood. Funny how friendships occur with people you never actually meet in real life.

I have a friend in my neighborhood who's taken over his father's laser etching business because of his father's failing health....I'll have to ask him if he knows anything about that username.

Oh it takes a deep freeze to get us to break out the actual winter coats.

Back
Top Bottom