What's wrong with my hen and how do I cure her

Not to be rude but does anyone no what's wrong with my hen today I haven't even seen her poop once

Have you ever had chickens on your place before? Is she and her sisters new additions to your flock? If so, I would try treating her for coccidiosis. That might be what is making her feel ill. You have to go to a farm or feed store and pick up some Corid. Found in cattle section. The liquid is better to use instead of the powder. I don't know the mixing instructions for chickens for the powder form. But the liquid form is 9ml of the Corid added to a gallon of water and treat them (her and her sisters) for 5 to 7 days. If she is drinking and taking that medicine you should see some improvement in her in about three days. But don't wait to treat her because cocci can make them very ill and kill them. It kills chicks quickly. Don't add vitamins to their water or anything like that when treating them. It's a vitamin b blocker so you don't want to give them additional vitamins. wait until treatment is over then put some vitamin/min in their water. You can pick stuff like that up at the feed/farm store too.

Have you ever had chickens on your place before?  Is she and her sisters new additions to your flock?  If so, I would try treating her for coccidiosis.  That might be what is making her feel ill.  You have to go to a farm or feed store and pick up some Corid.  Found in cattle section.  The liquid is better to use instead of the powder.  I don't know the mixing instructions for chickens for the powder form.  But the liquid form is 9ml of the Corid added to a gallon of water and treat them (her and her sisters) for 5 to 7 days.  If she is drinking and taking that medicine you should see some improvement in her in about three days.  But don't wait to treat her because cocci can make them very ill and kill them.  It kills chicks quickly.  Don't add vitamins to their water or anything like that when treating them.  It's a vitamin b blocker so you don't want to give them additional vitamins.  wait until treatment is over then put some vitamin/min in their water.  You can pick stuff like that up at the feed/farm store too.

They are new additions and I have had chickens for a little over a year but they have been with the rest of the flock for a little before thanksgiving and she is the only one who is acting like that and should I give all of my chickens the corid

I have heard that wazzine doesn't work. I use safeguard for goats for worming. Bow I'm not experienced enough to really give advice though. @Eggcessive has a lot of experience it seems like to me. Am I wrong about the wazzine eggcessive?

Wazine works against large round worms, but doesn't treat all of the possible worms chickens can get. Valbazen or Safeguard (fenbendazole) are really good ones.

Not to be rude but does anyone no what's wrong with my hen today I haven't even seen her poop once
She may not be passing droppings because she isn't taking much in. There can be blockages in the gizzard, and elsewhere. Have you brought her inside in a crate where you can watch her? Can you take her to a vet?

I cant take her to a vet and i havent brought her in beacause im mostly outside with the chickens and plus my parents arnt going to let me bring her inside so you think she has worms or what sickness do u think she has

She hasent been eating hardly anying thing other than a few pieces of cracked corn or some of there pellets she wont eat grass when i let them out she just stares at the ground and she has been moving her head/neck a little bit more but she still just slowly walks around and she has quite a few new feathers coming in and i heard they could be painful so could that be why she is not eating or what

And sorry for not using periods thanks

Back
Top Bottom