What's Your Chickens names and Why are they named that?

SkyStorm

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 17, 2010
What are your chickens named;) So far I only have 5 names, and there named that because I like those names.

I have-
Oz
Laker
Dotty
Two Face
Heartless

What are your chickens named?

My Serama pair are named Cup-a-soup, because he isn't big enough to make a whole pot, and Chicken Nugget, because thats about how much meat there is on her.

3 cornish X;

Dinner
Stew
Soupie

My kids named the rest...
Leroy, Max, Eleanor, Monk, Phoenix, Arizona, Dog (black silkie), Snowball, Mellow, Koon, Happy

there are 13 more....I can't remember their names. We have too many! I can't even keep the kids names straight. My kids know all the chickens names. I usually just say, here chickie, here chickie and they all come running.

I named mine for either color reasons or for their defects. I have a misfit flock cause I refuse to kill something for being different. No offensive to those that choose differently
smile.png

Marshmallow ~ LF White cochin
Baby Huey ~ LF barred cochin (raised solo in a brooder full of BOs so she was bigger than others)
Solar Chicken ~ EE with a vitamin D deficiency
Peanut ~ BO
Butter ~ EE with twisted beak that we have almost completely corrected (lots of time spent on her)
JellyBean ~ LF black cochin (my son says she looks like a jellybean with feet)
Scramble ~ GL Polish missing middle toenail and she's nutty as a fruitcake
Tweed ~ Dark Brahma Bantam (she looks like a tweed coat)
2Toe ~ Red Sex link with a toe that grew backwards
Lucy and Ethel ~ Cinnamon queen sex links
Twisted Sister ~ LF buff cochin with chicken scoliosis (don't worry she's fine and lays daily)
Kevin ~ BO pullet that turned flips when she drank water as a chick named after the bird in my avatar from the movie UP

Our first Rooster: Furlough, because we got him from a man that was going to eat him if we hadn't bought him.
Our first hen: Sheila, just cause.
Others: Meg, because her color reminds me of nutmeg.
Pelt, because his coloring is georgous.
Jack A**, because when it was a chick, it would attack me if I picked up another chick besides him.
Lovin, because he is a sweetheart that loves to be held.
Suma, because he looks sort of like a Sumatra, but isn't.
Cyclops, because he is blind in one eye.
Beaker, because of how she holds her head.
Beakman, because he is Beaker's mate.
Gonzo, because she is Beaker's best buddy.
Wa-nah-be, A slow drawn out pronunciation for want to be: Because he wants to be a friendly chicken, but just can't quite commit.
Stella, because she is steller.
Bella, because it rhymes with Stella and they look almost identical.
Speckles, because of her coloring.
Lil' Ma, because she is tiny.
Others are just called chick chick since they haven't let their personalities really shine.. That, or simply because they all look alike.. LOL

My Buff Orpington Roo is named Big Mac, because he's the biggest rooster I have ever seen.
My GLW is named Laci, cause I was too lazy to think up a real name for her.
My Game hens have no names. They are just "The Girls".
My EE hen is Helen, because she had an eye infection when she was young & we thought she was blind.
And finally, my EE Rooster is named Lola. He was sold to us as a pullet, & then he started crowing. So... since he "walked like a woman, but talked like a man" he was Lola. And it stuck.

Marty- No reason, my brother just thought of this name because it sounds like a good name for a big, tough rooster like Marty, our RIR rooster/oldest chicken we have, is!
lol.png

Juno- Yes, I know this is technically a girl name, because we thought he was a girl at first, but turns out he is a rooster...But we decided to keep it anyway. He's our young RIR/Red Star rooster, and he got this name because he was born in June.
smile.png

Cinnamon- She is my adorable and friendly Red Star hen...I named her this because of her cinnamon/brown/copper coloring, and because another name for Red Stars is Cinnamon Queens.
smile.png

Linda- Another Red Star hen...This name was just randomly chosen and seemed to fit her shy, quiet, and clever personality.
Penny- Another Red Star hen...She got this name because of her copper feather coloring.
Abby- Another Red Star hen...She got this name because she's a short, stubby, fat little hen and it just seemed to fit her!
lol.png

Suzy- A Red Star/RIR pullet...This name was a bit random but it was also because she was born in June and that is when the black-eyed susie flowers are blooming (also known as black-eyed susan flowers) and she was born on a Sunday.
Foghorn (Foggy for short)- our Splash Cochin rooster...Because when we first got him (and he still does now), he makes a loud honking sound when he sees something interesting or something tha may be dangerous, like a crow flying in the sky, so it reminded me of an actual fog horn.
roll.png
And my dad thought of Foghorn Leghorn, even though he's not even a Leghorn.
Setherina- This name is also a bit random...In fact it's not really a name!
tongue.png
My younger sister had a big black rooster named Seth who died in 2007, so when she go Setherina, who is a Buff Orpington hen, she named her Seth at first because she guessed she was a rooster. Turns out she wasn't, so she changed it to Setherina instead to make it a girl name without changing it completely.
Raven- She is a black Ameraucana and she got her name, obviously, because her feathering is completely black and she has a long, crow-like beak. (And she waddles around like a crow!)
lol.png
She's one of the chickens we have with the mos character.
Peanut- She is a Buff Orpington/Splash Cochin cross who turned out white, unlike Ivory, so I think their names should be switched because Peanut is the exact color of ivory (white) and Ivory looks more like a peanut because he's brown/buff colored!
lol.png
But oh well, we're gonna leave their names like that anyway.
tongue.png
Anyway, Peanut got this name because she was so small when she hatched that it reminded me of a little peanut and I was thinking of those packing peanut chicks you guys have mentioned.
tongue.png

Oreo- She is a Splash Cochin/black Ameraucana pullet (who broody right now!
big_smile.png
). She got her name because Foghorn, whom she came from, was going to be named Oreo but we thought it wasn't a very good rooster name...sounded more like a name for a hen. So that gave us the idea and also her feather coloring (a mix of gray, black, silver, and white...a.k.a a "blue" color), we decided Oreo was the perfect name for her.
smile.png

Pumpkin- She is our only Bantam breed we have (who is also broody right now!
big_smile.png
), but despite her size, she stands up for herself (in fact she got in a little fight with Raven and it turned out that she won and scared Raven away!
lol.png
). She is short and very fluffy. She is a pure buff Bantam Cochin hen. She got this name from her orange/buff feather coloring and her short/roundness, like a pumpkin. Also, her sister, who passed away when they were both chicks, was named Poppy. So we thought Pumpkin and Poppy went really well together.
smile.png

Ivory- Our youngest rooster...Ivory is a 98 day old runt house-rooster (for now...he'll be moving to his own coop soon!
big_smile.png
) who is a Buff Orp/Splash Cochin, and he got his name because when he hatched he looked white/silver/gray colored with a buff mask. Although now that his feathers grew out, most of his entire body is covered in buff feathers mixed with blotches of silver/gray/white, and his leg feathers are silver colored with buff mixed in. So his name may have been better for a white chicken, but I kept it anyway!

Back
Top Bottom