What's your flock's favorite treat?

Favorite Treats

• Total voters
Pics
Out of all the treats given, I think their favorite is regular bird seed. Everytime I fill the wild bird feeders they go crazy trying to get some. I will usually mix a bit of the seed with scratch and pour it down a walkway for them. They don't care much for the dry mealworms, and neither do the wild birds, but they love live ones.

My chickens free range during daylight hours, so they get lots of insects and greens on their own.

We have a Red Eared Terrapin who only eats prawns 🦐 but the prawns we get in the shops here in the south of France are too big for her to eat...
So we take the heads off the prawns and freeze them, they make THE BEST treat ever!!! And it's really funny watching the chickens grab one and run away to eat it in peace... 😂 😂 😂

Last summer they helped themselves to every big tomato 🍅 they could reach! But fortunately left all the cherry tomatoes untouched!?! And they had a couple of pumpkins too! 😂

I make them mixed grain porridge every day with added eggs (when I have too many!), fruit / veggies either chopped fine or grated : potatoes (get cooked first!), carrot, pumpkin, apple etc...
Served warm as they go to roost... 😁

Good luck with your project!
And as others have mentioned, you DEFO have friends here... 😁
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇫🇷 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇫🇷🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇫🇷🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
🌸✨💙✨🌸

Two things: Boiled spaghetti
Canned dog food (yes I know it's strange and maybe the most appropriate but they rarely get it)

Mine love tomatoes. Go crazy for the fruit. Also oatmeal is a fan favorite. Lastly, recently I found out my chickens love raw trout after giving them the scraps after fileting. They go crazy for fish now

Other: Really anything I give them. They don't like raw carrots tho.
Mine don’t either but I’ve noticed if you slice them into smaller pieces or like slivers they’ll tolerate them.
I just cook them, and then mash them with a potato masher.
They like the shell, and its less work.
that’s a great idea. Thank you!

I'm working on a school project and need at least 15 people to vote but I have no friends so I'm posting here! :)

My flock goes crazy for grapes. I often give them watermelon in the summer and pumpkins around fall as well.
View attachment 3397921

Cooked:
Pork, beef, venison, chicken, Turkey, sweet potatoes, tuna, salmon, sardines, popcorn, garlic, potatoes, rice….

Raw:
Lettuce, spaghetti squash, cauliflower, blueberries( they go mental over them), corn, peppers, cucumbers, broccoli, jalapeños (they love the seeds), scratch mix, chick mix seed( grown) strawberries, persimmons, apples, pears, peaches, all heck: all fruit lol.

Back
Top Bottom