When do Easter Eggers start laying?

This is Ethel Mertz. She is 20 wks old now and has not started laying. He face only looks coral in the picture, but that was about 3 wks ago. Can't wait to see the first egg.

At 23 weeks - Mine layed her first egg on the poop board, I was in the coop to see it - 2 days later, the second was in the nest box.

My EE was hatched the first week of April and she layed her first egg today...a big ol' olive colored one in the nest box. I imagine she is nearly 40 weeks old. I was beginning to she was a he.

My six new chickens, 2-Giant jerseys, 2- white brahmas, and 2 easter eggers,
started laying about a month ago when it warmed up,

my one (i think) maybe both--easter eggers dropped some pretty baby blue eggs, every other day for 3 days, around the same time,
but on the floor not in the bucket, this was a month ago, since then no baby blue eggs,,

normal? or do i have something wrong?

i don't use any lights, i open there doors early in the morning, so full daylight as soon as the sin comes up, and a lot of caged open range

layer feed plus black oil sunflower seed, house scraps,, there happy chickens

im confunded

My EE was over 9 months old when she finally started laying. She uses the nest box and lays a huge green egg two days in a row and skips a day, lays two in a row and skips a day. She's been very regular in her schedule. I don't use a light either and open the hen house around 7:00am and they go to roost around 5:30pm. I get 3-6 eggs per day from my 8 chickens. However, I do have a couple that haven't layed in a couple of weeks for some reason. I let them free range outside the run for a couple of hours each day too. They seem to be very happy. I'm sure your EE will start laying again. I placed a fake egg in my two nest boxes to give them a hint where they were to lay. I've only had one chicken who has layed outside the nest box and she only did it twice.

Halleluyer!! Eggs. The girls finally came through. My EE Ethel Mertz laid the most perfect green egg. Four of the girls decided to lay their first egg yesterday. Beautiful.

The "green" egg looks blue to me. LOL My EE's eggs are olive green and pretty dark. Which of your hens layed the egg on the right?

I'm not sure, but it could have been the Gold Laced Wyandotte (Daisy) or the Cinnamon Queen(Rosetta)- I don't think it is a bantam egg- but I do have a Blue laced Red Wyandotte bantam .Charlotte

Back
Top Bottom