when do you go into lockdown

Quote:
Yesterday Was My 17th Day, After I Turn My Eggs For The Last Time I Went Into Lockdown..Or You Can do It At The Start Of The 18th day....Good Luck....It's My First Time Also.......Ktown:)

Locking down the bator or last turning of eggs evening of day 18. Last 3 days from 19 to 21 is when bator is kept closed til hatch is completed and not opened. Candling one last time and raising humidity evening of day 18.

I usually candle at the end of the 18th day...usually when I get home from work (6pm). Then its lockdown time!!!! Everyone has a different way to do it. Just find what works best for you!
jumpy.gif

edit because I can spell today
big_smile.png

Last edited:
my first hatch with silkies last month on the 21st i had two eggs that were pipped on day 18 when i took the turner out. temp was steady 99.5 through out the 18 days. unless you see one pipped early day18 is lockdown. i dont think one day early will hurt anything, has long as humidity is raised. mine hatched early so i lockdown a day early with silkie eggs. my thermometer may be off and the temps are higher than what it reads. unless you see one pipped early, stay with day 18 for lockdown......

Back
Top Bottom