Where can i buy pigeons and doves at...

you need to get utility type birds not show some breeds you didn't mention are gaint homers and hubells lot of show king breeders use them for foster parents

you need to get utility type birds not show  some breeds you didn't mention are gaint homers and hubells  lot of show king breeders use them for foster parents  

I've heard that show types are less productive but thanks. I also heard that Hubells are just the same as King pigeons. Are they actually different? Have not yet looked into giant homers as I wasn't aware they were good for squabs so thank you.

hubells and kings are not the same gaint homers you would have to find some that are not bred for show just like any other bigger breeds show kings utility kings texas pioneers just ask for production type birds not show stock

That's good to know. And the problem I've been having is finding anyone with those types. Most people have homers or rollers or tumblers or fantails but if you even mention a utility type they just assume you want pigeons to eat and either ignore you or ask outrageous prices. I get shipping live animals is an expensive business but $100 for one bird and then shipping adds $50-100 more is ridiculous. They're supposed to be productive cheap breeds so why are they so rare and expensive? Best I've found is on Strombergs as mentioned a few posts earlier by someone. $75 for a utility King. So $150 for a pair plus I think shipping is like another $75.

Well, I think I've finally managed to track down a breeder of Texan pioneers! I will give them a call when I have my finances and other necessities in order but I'm excited! If it doesn't work out then I will probably order from Strombergs as I now understand why prices are so high (shipping live birds is an expensive business and the cost of the boxes plus shipping is around $100). Still a little overpriced in my opinion but I think it'd be worth it to get a good pair of breeders going to help out any future enthusiasts to the hobby!

Back
Top Bottom