Where do u buy your DE? How much does it cost?

Wow, I am so glad I made this thread. There is a lot of great links on here. Can you believe i am still waiting for my $75.00 bag of DE. Uh! I know what I am NOT doing next time!
Thank you all so much for the information. I am putting the links in my favorites as we speak, so i can just go right to the website when I run out of DE. YAY!
Thank you all again!
Patti

My sister & brother-in-law have a feed store and she keeps it in stock. 50lb bag for $19.00.

Christie
smile.png

If you are feeding it to your chickens or yourself or any livestock, PLEASE make sure it is Food Grade Codex DE. The other stuff has additives in it and can make you or your animals sick. You may find that the Food Grade DE is a bit more expensive depending on where you live. I pay $35 for a 50# bag no matter which of the two companies I get it from...Permaguard or EP Minerals. Many companies sell DE but only a few sell Food Grade Codex DE.

Trisha in MO

_______

I just rec'd an order from WolfCreek ...

I ordered 2 lb ..... to start off / try ..... here are costs:

DE 2 lbs. (2 Quart 4 mil Ziploc Bag) - $10.00
DE 6 lbs. (2 Gallon 4 mil Ziploc Bag) - $16.00
DE 12 lbs. (2 - 2 Gallon 4 mil Ziploc Bags) - $25.00
**DE 50 lbs. (Double lined paper bag) - $44.00

But then paid $10 priority shipping .... = $20 for 2 lbs
It arrived in two days.

When I went into feed store today, I asked why they don't carry DE food grade ....
guy said he'll order it upon customers requests ..... 50 lbs $22 ..... so I'll buy it from him next time.

By the way ..... I've never heard of the "CODEX" DE .... ???

WolfCreek promotes the eating of it by humans as well ....
what have people felt they benefited when eating it? Peace of mind alone? Or any felt/seen results?

Lee

_______

I just recieved my order of 50#'s from Custom Milling. It was 45.56, I ordered it Wed. morning and got it yesterday morning. I am very pleased with their customer sevice and their speed at getting orders out to be shipped.

Nova Scotia, Canada

Pinnacle Farms in Oxford, Nova Scotia sells food grade DE by the 1-ton pallet at $23 for 50 lb or as individual bags at $32 per bag. This is if you pick it up there. They do deliver, I'm not sure about the rate.

www.pinnaclefarms.ca/farhttp://www.pinnaclefarms.ca/farm_information.htm

You can sometimes find DE at the local co-ops here, might be pet grade or food grade, you have to ask. At our co-op I paid $47, taxes included for a 50 lb bag from the owners supply, but he saved me a trip to Pinnacle and with the cost of gas I'd have paid about the same.

Purina feed outlets can get DE and they do if there is a local demand; I haven't checked the price.

cool.png

Quote:
Hi Lee!

I started "eating" food grade DE last summer. I mixed a heaping teaspoon of the DE into an 8 ounce container of yougurt and ate it once a day. I noticed, within a couple of months, that my bowels were working better and that the monthly cramps weren't as bad as they had been.

I've not been on it since the beginning of February but will be starting again in the next few weeks.

Food Grade DE Health Benefits for Humans

Hope this helps!

Dawn

Quote:
Here's what I found definition-wise....sorry it's so long....

Here is one definition: The Codex Alimentarius Commission (Codex) was established in 1962 by two United Nations organizations, the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the World Health Organization (WHO). Codex is the major international organization for encouraging fair international trade in food and protecting the health and economic interests of consumers. Through adoption of food standards, codes of practice, and other guidelines developed by its committees, and by promoting their adoption and implementation by governments, Codex [supposedly] seeks to ensure that the world's food supply is sound, wholesome, free from adulteration, and correctly labeled.

Here is another definition, from Codex itself: The Codex Alimentarius Commission implements the Joint FAO/WHO Food Standards Program, the purpose of which is to protect the health of consumers and to ensure fair practices in the food trade. The Codex Alimentarius (Latin, meaning Food Law or Code) is a collection of internationally adopted food standards presented in a uniform manner. It also includes provisions of an advisory nature in the form of codes of practice, guidelines and other recommended measures to assist in achieving the purposes of the Codex Alimentarius. The publication of the Codex Alimentarius is intended to guide and promote the elaboration and establishment of definitions and requirements for foods, to assist in their harmonization and, in doing so, to facilitate international trade.

To summarize, Codex is the vehicle for harmonizing international rules for trade in food. That means, Codex is responsible for making it easy for countries and companies to import and export food. Which means that it is by definition opposed to national and local restrictions, labeling, and preferences. If a country or state wants to label GE food or irradiated food, too bad. Companies headquartered in that country probably have already gotten themselves appointed to the national Codex committee, where they work to make trade easier for them, regardless of the effect on and wishes of local populations.

Codex decisions are made by the few, for the few. The public is not invited, and often non-governmental organizations are not permitted to observe.

Codex is headed by Tom Billy, Chief of the USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service, the man in charge of deregulating the meat industry.

(http://www.organicconsumers.org/irrad/codexfaq.cfm)

Back
Top Bottom