Where do u buy your DE? How much does it cost?

Iamaqte

Songster
12 Years
Jul 11, 2007
Riegelsville, Pa
This is my 3rd DE question message. But now that I got my DE I want to make sure I get it a decent price, since it seems I can't get it locally. Plus this would be a great reference for new people then too! Maybe someone else found it really cheap somewhere you didnt even think of looking.

Please list the website and cost for DE and how many pounds are in the bag.

Thank you all for your input!
~ Patti

You got a better deal that me!
lol.png
I paid $16 for 10 lbs $18 for shipping wolfcreekranch1.tripod.com/defaq.html

Quote:
Don't feel dumb! The first time I ordered I got ripped off by another company and it took three weeks to get to me! Custom Milling is the cheapest place I've found. I ordered yesterday and they assured me it would get to me on Monday.

First - thank you all for the info. I wasn't the first to ask the "where and how much" question but I benefitted from this thread! This is sort of a bump so others can benefit too.

I ordered from custom milling Monday and it was delivered yesterday! I didn't pay extra for next day service but I live in AL and they are in GA as luck would have it. Got the same deal as Joanm....roughly 29.00 for 25lb (shipping and all). I'm thinking of eating some of it myself if it does all the websites claim it does. Anyone take it themselves? According to http://www.earthworks.citymax.com/page/page/4135163.htm this is the next miracle mineral out there!!

Funny DE story....I was just speaking with DH on the phone about DE and the pest control guy came in to spray. He's about obnoxious so I was going to mess with his head and see what he knew about DE. "Oh it's great stuff. Kills about anything." he said. "It's so expensive though." "Really?" I respond. "Yeah, but some people have the money I guess. I've heard of folks landscaping their whole yard with it."

I tried hard not to laugh and go along with him. Could you imagine a whole yard dusted with DE?? I guess it's one way to have a white Christmas. I got a giggle out of it though.

Mom2Daisy,

First off, Welcome to BYC!

I'm taking food grade DE myself (along with all of our critters). I just mix a teaspoonful with 8 oz. of yogurt. Stir it in real good and you'll never know it's in there.
big_smile.png

Dawn

Back
Top Bottom