Where do you buy Diatomaceous Earth?

Quote:
Actually they have Big R stores here in the midwest too. In fact, I moved here from California but I had never heard of or seen Big R until I moved to Indiana. Unfortunately the Big R near us closed a few years ago but there is one an hour or so away. For us, TSC is also about an hour away. We do have a Rural King but I don't go there.

Quote:
Actually they have Big R stores here in the midwest too. In fact, I moved here from California but I had never heard of or seen Big R until I moved to Indiana. Unfortunately the Big R near us closed a few years ago but there is one an hour or so away. For us, TSC is also about an hour away. We do have a Rural King but I don't go there.

Didn't know that! Actually, I just assumed it was a west coast thing but from the websites, looks like they are scattered all over the PNW/midwest states. Oops!
tongue.png

Because DE is so bulky, it is often best to buy it online, but from someone who is geographically close to you, due to high shipping costs. Freshwater Organics sells 50 lb bags for $19 - $25 per bag, but shipping can cost more than that if you are too far from Utah. But if you are within UT, or within 1 or 2 UPS bands of Utah, then the shipping isn't too bad.

I got my food grade Diatomaceous Earth through My Pet Chicken store, then I found out our local feed & seed carries it. Should be able to locate it online, if not at your local feed & seed, and probably for a better price online.

Back
Top Bottom