Which incubator to choose?

ChickenLove6

Songster
7 Years
Jun 24, 2012
England, Leamington spa
So recently I have been wanting to breed my chickens and now want to invest in an incubator. I have my eye on two that I like at the moment. The first one is a MANUAL OCTAGON 60 EGG INCUBATOR, ELECTRICAL THERMOSTAT which comes with a free egg candler and book about incubating eggs/keeping chicks. The other is an AUTOMATIC 48 EGG INCUBATOR. The first one is little bit cheaper, £75 and the other is £90.99. Of course the first one is manual and the other is fully automatic, But the automatic one only holds 48 eggs where as the manual holds 60. Which one do you think is the best to buy??

Last edited:
Is the 48egg incubator from china?? Is it a janoel? If so I've heard bad feedback on these, massive temperature fluctuation inside which isn't good. I recently brought the jn12 model and its bad!!!!! Only holds 9eggs but have a temp difference of about 2c from 1 end to the other. I've used it 3times, so 18eggs and hatched 3chicks :( guess everyone as different experiences.

There are a lot of Incubators on ebay... which 48 egg one did you buy? Model #?

I am looking for the best Incubator Also and am trying to get some good Reviews on an Automatic one myself ... Looking to spend about $200.00 or just a bit more.

Is the 48egg incubator from china?? Is it a janoel? If so I've heard bad feedback on these, massive temperature fluctuation inside which isn't good. I recently brought the jn12 model and its bad!!!!! Only holds 9eggs but have a temp difference of about 2c from 1 end to the other. I've used it 3times, so 18eggs and hatched 3chicks
sad.png
guess everyone as different experiences.
No the one i've been looking at is from a british company, thankfully! I did see one from china though, I was going to get it until I read all the feedback and he sounds like a very dodgey seller.
sad.png
I'm sorry for your bad experiences, good luck in the future!

I have the octagon with digital read out. I am one day away from lock down with 24 eggs. tossed 4 of them so far. not because of the incubator.
Mine was buy it now $89.99. free shipping
I think the sellers name was orcid (sp). I ordered on sat afternoon, got it by fed x Tues Morning.
It keeps temp great. had some trouble with humidity till I took out the black plug. I think it is meant for a probe for one of the battery type thermometers.
I'll put it back in for lock down.
The plastic is decent thickness and I don't see where any of it doesn't fit together or any thing like that.
THe problem I had with the ones with turners is I wasn't sure I could take the rails out and put other sizes in it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom