White Cornish: Building a Quality, Sustainable Flock for Meat and More.....

Pics
I gotta say, I DO like your packaging - I didn't have a single egg cracked.
I sent some hatching eggs to a friend in Colorado wrapped like you wrap yours, and she said every single one made it with pretty good air sacs and no hairline cracks. Neat trick, Fat Daddy.
bow.gif

you must share...
it's a BYC requirement... (JUST KIDDING)

I highly doubt I will be shipping any eggs...within the next 10 years,BUT
I am curious now and need to know this trick!

I gotta say, I DO like your packaging - I didn't have a single egg cracked.
I sent some hatching eggs to a friend in Colorado wrapped like you wrap yours, and she said every single one made it with pretty good air sacs and no hairline cracks. Neat trick, Fat Daddy.
bow.gif

Thanks Tab. To tell ya true, Iv lost track of how many boxes iv sent out since yours.... 7 or 8 at least. And I have not have a broken one ye Knock on wood!! I think its gonna work out well...

you must share...
it's a BYC requirement... (JUST KIDDING)

I highly doubt I will be shipping any eggs...within the next 10 years,BUT
I am curious now and need to know this trick!

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ignore your post, just missed it I guess. It's really not anything more than be'n kinda "Cheap"! The foam shippers are great but kinda pricey once you add the cost of them plus their shipping of them from the supplier to you. If you look for cheap Walmart or dollar store, new born disposable diapers. You can get 40ish for $5... that's cheaper than bubble wrap and works much better... I wrap every egg tight in a diaper and place them point end down in a shallow bed of shredded paper... I can get 25 wrapped eggs in a large flat rate shipper. Then pack more shredded paper on all sides tight... works like a charm so far! Now I hope I ain't jinxed myself talk'n all big! ;-)

Back
Top Bottom