White Cornish: Building a Quality, Sustainable Flock for Meat and More.....

Pics
One more thing.
In the state of Texas there are 3 things that need to happen in oder to become NPIP.
1. PT test
2. Sign a waiver
3. Pay $100.00 yearly membership fee.

THAT IS IT.
That simple.

Just being NPIP does not mean you can ship to any state you want.
Some states do not even require one to be NPIP in order to ship into their state.

Some states require not only the NPIP PT testing but also OTHER Testing. All of what is required when it comes to shipping into each state is regulated by EACH STATE not the NPIP.

This is not true.

This class is only to be an authorized testing agent to test for PT only.

Texas has not discontinued the NPIP program at all.

In order to become a certified NPIP member in the state of Texas you much have a PT test performed on your flock.
Yes...the state vet used to send 'their people' out to do this PT testing but just recently switched to this "any body who is trained can take the class and test to be able to test flocks."

The only way to register for this training class is ONLINE. I have a good friend who took the class last week and I am registered to take it in Nov.
IF you are wanting to take the class the best thing to do is get added to the email list.
AS soon as a new class is available you will receive and email letting you know and you can hurry up and get to the website and register for the class.

There is ONLY ONE teacher of this class and he can only handle about a 30 person class at a time. (Which is why they fill up so fast.)

Here is a list of current testing agents:Roster of Authorized Testing Agents
And here is where you can watch for classes to open up:
https://tvmdl.tamu.edu/testing-information/poultry/authorized-testing-agent-training-schedule/
As of the time of this post there is a class available with OPEN seats.

And lastly here is the link to the page to get the Email notification for new classes that open up.
https://tvmdl.tamu.edu/testing-information/poultry/pullorum-typhoid-program-training-registration/

You're 100% correct. I was thinking about how the PT testing has changed and since it so closely related to getting NPIP certified they got blended in my mind when PT procedures changed.

Yup I have those websites bookmarked. I'm in dfw area. Anything with a seat available has been like Wharton. Nearly a day for travel, a day for class and a day return travel.

TX needs to have more teaching resources for this at least at the beginning.

Wow, loved this thread. Really inspiring work.
I would be super excited to buy hatching eggs in the spring. If you have any waiting list put me on it.

The time has come. Karma and God has decided to smile on me. When I came home from a weekend hunting trip with fresh venison, I had these. The Cornish are starting to lay. Only 3 but it's a start of what's to come.
eggs.jpg

Hi, I'm new and having g a rough time navigating but don't give up. Lol How do I find the Florida thread? Is it all about Cornish?
No, it is a thread for people from Florida to get in contact. Some of them do raise cornish.

I know of a Cornish breeder in FL from a facebook group. His website is http://aviangems.wixsite.com/coloredcornish I looked into buying from him but the shippinig is prohibitive. He breeds Bantams and Large Fowl.

Back
Top Bottom