White doves/ Update /or are they pigeons??????new pics!

This is the walk in aviary that i built.
It is 5 metres by 5 metres then they have a house attached to roost in plus nesting boxes.
I just hammered in some posts then attached the tall posts to them then attached chicken wire mesh to the bottom half then threw a big bird proof net across the top and put a huge pole in the middle and raised the roof to a point.
I then put Charlie the burmese cat's play ladder inside and attached it to the tall pole.
The pidgies love sitting on his ladder.
I know that im lucky that we dont get predators otherwise it would not be this flimsy!!! but it serves its purpose for the time needed to "home" them then the roof will come off.
doverun.jpg

Last edited:
Helen,
Wow, I bet they love it in there. I am glad Charlie wanted to "share" his perch with them. ( Or maybe just donate it)
wink.png

It has been busy here....minks....packing eggs to send...moveing chicks around, and selling birds. Jeesh, its not even spring yet!
Woke this mornig to a beautifull blanket of white. About 3 inches of snow! Dang...its pretty...but I want summer!
I know you will have great success on those birds.
Congrats,,,and good luck!!!

I know you were asking for suggestions for your bussiness name...don't know if you still are, but here's my suggestion (because you asked for "doves" in the name):
Doves Down Under. Your birds are beautiful, lucky you!

-Sarah

would you mind telling me what kind of weather you are experiencing at this time?

ur pix makes it appear warm.. i dont know how your climate works.. its cold here in tennessee. and ice rain predicted today. but tomorrow it might be 80. cant wait tiljuly weknow then that it will be hot for sure.. at least consistent. jdy

Back
Top Bottom