White faced black Spanish enthusiasts, come hither!

Pics
We have 2 young breeding age roos I will ask my wife if she might be willing to trade one as we are looking for some unrelated stock " incase you get a roo out of your chicks to keep the inbreeding down" As i understand it inbreeding and mixing with the Minoceras and others have hurt their gene pool quite a bit so Mary is trying to produce strong geneticly sound birds first and foremost before going for standards.. it took over a year to find the chicks we got and any fresh genetics would help us and the breed as a whole
cool.png

We have 2 young breeding age roos I will ask my wife if she might be willing to trade one as we are looking for some unrelated stock " incase you get a roo out of your chicks to keep the inbreeding down" As i understand it inbreeding and mixing with the Minoceras and others have hurt their gene pool quite a bit so Mary is trying to produce strong geneticly sound birds first and foremost before going for standards.. it took over a year to find the chicks we got and any fresh genetics would help us and the breed as a whole
cool.png
Did you get your chicks from Lund? If so, we have the same line. Otherwise, a trade might be done, I only have 3 hens left, but I suppose I'd trade for a rooster.

Just started to hatch some spanish this morning. Pretty excited about the chicks because the male they are out of is pretty good.

Did you get your chicks from Lund? If so, we have the same line. Otherwise, a trade might be done, I only have 3 hens left, but I suppose I'd trade for a rooster.

None of ours are from Lund or any large hatchery, Mary said she wants to see what sex our chicks turn out to be and since they said they have been male heavy she has no problem letting a couple go if you need them, she wants to get 2 or three unrelated groups going and would be interested in working with someone fairly local once she starts hatching some out as well! :)

None of ours are from Lund or any large hatchery, Mary said she wants to see what sex our chicks turn out to be and since they said they have been male heavy she has no problem letting a couple go if you need them, she wants to get 2 or three unrelated groups going and would be interested in working with someone fairly local once she starts hatching some out as well! :)
Okay. PM me when it's time. I've ordered some from Duane Urch, should be here before end of February.

My first post here...glad to finally have found other WFBS enthusiasts. In April I will be getting a show/breeding trio of WFBS large fowl..:) SOOO excited. Will also be ordering 1 or 2 dozen WFBS hatching eggs from Westhoff poultry. I have been searching for WFBS for about 8 years. SO glad to have found some.

Meadow

My new WFBS breeding pen! Very excited. Hope that the white tips on the tail and wing I see will moult out, as they are just a year old, and definitely have to cull hard for 'leggier' chicks. But their top line is great, nice back length.

Back
Top Bottom