White leg horns help

Anyone else have any idea about gender? Thank you, Leah567. WL pullets' combs get very big, but they should be yellow for a while. Still hoping they are both hens.

Im not sure. Ive looked up a bunch of videos on vent sexing. If i did it right then mine is a roo. :( hubby said hes gotta go and said we arent replacing him. :(

Sarahbalcombe, I've been watching videos and looking at pictures to see if can sex these two chicks. It's nearly impossible. The picture of my one chick with the wing shows pointy feather tips, and I've read pullets have rounded tips and cockerels have pointy tips. But, we've always had pullets. Never had a rooster. In the same boat as you. If they are both Roos, my husband said - We're not replacing them with pullets.
1f615.png

Yes. Thank you so much! This helps tremendously. According to the chart, mine are 2-4 weeks old. My 2 supposed "boys" are only about 2.5 weeks. Too young to tell. This chart is great!

Well the one in question is without a doubt now a little roo. :( we are going to keep him for a few more weeks until hes a bit bigger, then hell go to our friends flock. :( the other 5 however do not appear to look like him.

Back
Top Bottom