White Muscovy vs Peking Ducklings

Look at the bill it is pink, more flat, and the tip is a bit more hook shaped, you have muscovies Congratulations! Also if you look at the body type of a pekin juvenile and a muscovy juvenile you'll be able to see the difference.
smile.png

Last edited:
True pekins will be solid yellow (NO other color) with orange (sometimes pink) bills and feet. So the colored cap is a first giveaway.
Second, the body and head/bill shape (as buff goose guy mentioned) is different with each breed. But it can take a skilled eye to see it.
Muscovy will have a longer, slimmer body with a more horizontal stance and longer tail. Pekins are a bit more heavy bodied, have a more upright stance, and have a rounder head with a less flat bill attachment

Honestly until I got these guys I didn't know there were many other kinds of ducks! Thanks to both of you I was just trying to get all the reasons since I discovered there were even more white and black ducks I was wondering if they could possibly be one of them too or if they were like 90% likely muscovys

I too got TSC ducklings. When I called back to ask what breed they said definitely not Muscovy. Lol. But guess what? Mine turned out to be muscovies. Drove me nuts comparing them with pekin duckling pics trying to guess their breed. But as time has told, they are sweet little muscovies. I love their sounds and their beaks. The nuzzle when held. So sweet.

Yes, your two ducklings are french White Muscovies. They are the best of all the Muscovy strains. They lay more eggs and they are bigger than the other Muscovies. If you have a drake, he will get as big as a large goose.

The one has been costitently bugger than the other we've been calling it the male but have no idea, the female is really mean the male is the sweetest thing ever. They were unlabeled ducks when I bought them and all yellow so I just thought Pekins

Once you have them from duckling to adulthood, you can spot them anywhere. You'll see what I mean shortly.

Back
Top Bottom