White Muscovy vs Peking Ducklings

I recently purchased ducklings at TSC about a week ago. The sign said assorted ducklings. However the worker there told me they were pekin and they were about 3 weeks old. I purchased three. I learned through this wonderful site, they are French White Muscovy's. They are very skittish at the moment. I am hoping they warm up to us soon. Yours are adorable

Our one was a jerk and used to bite and attack our chickens. The other was very sweet and talked to you when you talked to her and allowed herself to be petted etc. unfortunately we lost them both about 6 months apart. We're really sad they were awesome ducks.

So now i am ever so confused and curious. Can any one tell me if my guys are pekin or muscovy. Help
1f62f.png
1f62f.png

I'm really not sure about yours they totally could be muscovies. I thought mine were Pekins until they started to grow. The black didn't show up until later. Then it went away. As you can see from the picture mine had rather pink bills and were also from TSC. (I saw your other post) so I wouldn't give up hope yet.

I'm really not sure about yours they totally could be muscovies. I thought mine were Pekins until they started to grow. The black didn't show up until later. Then it went away. As you can see from the picture mine had rather pink bills and were also from TSC. (I saw your other post) so I wouldn't give up hope yet.
thank you. I am still crossing my fingers

Hello! I currently have 2 2-week old ducklings which I thought were Pekins, but are developing black on their feet and beaks. What ever happened with yours? Did they grow to be Pekins or Muscovys?

Back
Top Bottom