white orpingtons...

I too have been shopping for WHITE ORPINGTONS. I read somewhere that the White Orps are a cross between a White Leghorn and an Orpington. I don't know if that's true or not but it might explain why when some people posting that their white orps produced a different color and not a white everytime. They are definitely a pretty chicken though! Anyone else heard that? Maybe when the chicken retailers breed for white they don't get the white that often, could be why they are hard to find!:) Love the Buff Orpingtons though!

Last edited:
I have two buff Orpingtons they are better than white they live longer and are more hardy
1f44d.png

Here I one of mine:

I too have been shopping for WHITE ORPINGTONS. I read somewhere that the White Orps are a cross between a White Leghorn and an Orpington. I don't know if that's true or not but it might explain why when some people posting that their white orps produced a different color and not a white everytime. They are definitely a pretty chicken though! Anyone else heard that? Maybe when the chicken retailers breed for white they don't get the white that often, could be why they are hard to find!
smile.png
Love the Buff Orpingtons though!

White orps bred to white orps generally produce 100% white offsprings. You are talking about the fellow that had gotten some sports out of buffs and used them with whites.

That could be, I could have misunderstood what I read about the white Orps, I am new to chickens, still learning! Thanks!

Infrared pic that appears to be white orphingtons but they are buffs

Last edited:
What would I get having a white orp covering black mottled javas. Thanks for helping. Lost in genetics

Back
Top Bottom