Who’s the daddy 😂Bielfelder/Light Brahma gender?

homesteadmama24

Chirping
Aug 31, 2023
This is my first year having roosters and hatched an egg. It has feathered feet & barred pattern so I *think* it’s the Bielfelder & Light Brahma as that’s the only feathered hen I have & only barred rooster

I thought this chick was a hen but now there’s a black sheen in addition to barred pattern which also has some brown.

Can feathered feet be recessive? I also have a black rooster that’s an Easter egger.

Any thoughts on parentage or gender would be appreciated! Two potential roosters for dads. I do have barred female if feathered feet is recessive.. Also photo of when it was younger 😊

Attachments

• IMG_5498.jpeg
    IMG_5498.jpeg
    648.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_5492.jpeg
    IMG_5492.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3998.jpeg
    IMG_3998.jpeg
    999 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2729.jpeg
    IMG_2729.jpeg
    322.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2481.jpeg
    IMG_2481.jpeg
    894.8 KB · Views: 34
Black EE is most likely the father(The chick's beard). Silver Columbian is dominant, so the chick would be Columbian also, with barring visible in the tail, or maybe neck feathers.

The chick isn't Columbian, so Light Brahma is most likely not a parent.

Do you have Barred hens?

Black EE is most likely the father(The chick's beard). Silver Columbian is dominant, so the chick would be Columbian also, with barring visible in the tail, or maybe neck feathers.

The chick isn't Columbian, so Light Brahma is most likely not a parent.

Do you have Barred hens?
I do have a barred female that could be the hen, and maybe the black EE would be the rooster. Just wondering then why the feathered feet? Unless the black EE rooster was carrying recessive barred and feathered feet genes.

The chick is fully barred (even the feathered feet) and brown made me think it was the Bielfelder rooster but seeing the black that's developing and I thought cheek muffs then perhaps it's the black EE rooster x barred rock hen

I do have a barred female that could be the hen, and maybe the black EE would be the rooster. Just wondering then why the feathered feet? Unless the black EE rooster was carrying recessive barred and feathered feet genes.

The chick is fully barred (even the feathered feet) and brown made me think it was the Bielfelder rooster but seeing the black that's developing and I thought cheek muffs then perhaps it's the black EE rooster x barred rock hen
Barring is Dominant. There's no recessive barring gene.

A Barred hen would produce sexlinked Offspring, Males being barred, & females solid(None Barred), when she's bred to a solid rooster.

Pictures of both parents legs please?

Barring is Dominant. There's no recessive barring gene.

A Barred hen would produce sexlinked Offspring, Males being barred, & females solid(None Barred), when she's bred to a solid rooster.

Pictures of both parents legs please?
Two potential hens & feet of Bielfelder my only barred roo

The black EE rooster didn’t have feathered feet but he was a jerk so can’t take a current photo 😅 I think the first photo o sent shows his feet.

The only female/rooster I have with feathered feet is the light Brahma hens

Attachments

• IMG_5510.jpeg
    IMG_5510.jpeg
    794 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5513.jpeg
    IMG_5513.jpeg
    865.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5515.jpeg
    IMG_5515.jpeg
    834.1 KB · Views: 31
Two potential hens & feet of Bielfelder my only barred roo

The black EE rooster didn’t have feathered feet but he was a jerk so can’t take a current photo 😅 I think the first photo o sent shows his feet.

The only female/rooster I have with feathered feet is the light Brahma hens
Your Barred Rock is actually a Cuckoo Marans.
She has light leg feathering. So French variety. Very sparse, but it's there.
20230901_123427.jpg

Thank you for solving this mystery! Definitely looking like cuckoo hen x black EE

Would that make the chick sex linked? And because of the red in the barring it's male correct?

Back
Top Bottom