Who do you go to cry on the shoulder of?

Quote:
On more than one occasion I have gone out to the barn, wrapped my arms around my horse's neck and had a good cry over the years. More so now since my husband is on life support and in and out of consciousness due to ALS. I try not to burden him with my stress knowing how much he is struggling with his own pain.

Wow, that's very unfortunate to hear about your husband! My thoughts are with you guys.
hugs.gif

hdowden: You sound pretty upset about not having anyone you can go to. Take a close look around, notice the next time someone does a little something for you. There are people who care, even if we don't notice straight away.
old.gif

Quote:
On more than one occasion I have gone out to the barn, wrapped my arms around my horse's neck and had a good cry over the years. More so now since my husband is on life support and in and out of consciousness due to ALS. I try not to burden him with my stress knowing how much he is struggling with his own pain.

i used to have some dogs i went out to, i even talked to them as they sat there and just listened and they wont turn their backs on u no matter whats happening in life...i sometimes think that animals are better to have around than people.

I often talk things through with my mum,dh,and a good friend. I actually like to cover the same issue with each of them,because I find the different responses I get useful.

I do make sure they are up to it though,because I feel like I am giving my negative energy on them as I vent about something. Need to make sure they are up for it. I sure like doing it for them. You can almost feel the release of tension and anger as they *get it all out*.

I also love how each of them can be supportive. They also often disagree with me,but they do it in a nice way and offer suggestions on how to handle a situation differently. It is so disappointing to talk about something that is bothering you and have the listener belittle your issues or put you down.

My sister and lifelong best friend. Also a couple of BYC guys. I do like different people's input.
Also I listen to music and find a song that speaks to me.
And I type my thoughts out, helps me concrete them and move on instead of just repeating the same thoughts over and over. Then I can re-read them later and see how I've grown, matured, or learned.

don't have any fraens right now so no one but my birds. I had a cat who knows when I was hurting but I lost him last year. I still have not gotting over it
hit.gif
hit.gif
"sigh" oh well
idunno.gif
I am thankful I had my birds when I lost him. But it is still hard
hmm.png

Last edited:
TYpically, I talk outloud to God...sometimes loud..sometimes whispering..sometimes in my head.. Either way, I give it all up to him-throw my hands up an pray it gets better...I always feel better when I rely on him first...Trick is staying positive in the worst situations-it aint easy!!! Then I have always been able to talk to my sis and 2 SIL's weve been great friends for 20 years...Of course BYC-the friends I have met here are absolutely priceless and couldn't imagine trying to replace any or losing any of them!
hugs.gif

Quote:

I'm so sorry that you are going through this.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom