Who else is waiting for that first egg?

One of my EE laid her first egg today! Quail was messing around yesterday in the nesting box for quite some time after I cleaned it. I knew she would be laying soon, but I had guessed within a week. She surprised me this morning with a beautiful gift though!

Her name is Bertie bird she is fat with a beard so I named her Bertha but call her Bertie. All of the old fashioned names are cute for hens
1f414.png

I love the old names too! We had a Bertha, Myrtle, Dorothy, Ethel and ...Treasure (named by a 4 year old.) Sadly Bertha and myrtle are no longer with us..

Finally got a bantam cochin egg today. The little one.

So today I got duck, golden comet, silkie, and bantam cochin. Also getting lavender orpington but didn't get one today. I should have put yesterday's in the pic.

One of my EE laid her first egg today! Quail was messing around yesterday in the nesting box for quite some time after I cleaned it. I knew she would be laying soon, but I had guessed within a week. She surprised me this morning with a beautiful gift though!
How old is your Easter Egger that's a great color. My Berttha squatted today just wondering how much longer...

Quote: She'll be 5mos 1wk tomorrow (21wks). :) Her comb is bigger than my other EEs who are the same age, and it's been staying red, so I was pretty sure it was going to happen soon, just didn't think it would be today!

Yippee, I can't believe it,But I got 1 egg today!! I couldn't believe my eyes.... It was in the corner of the hen house... Today I cleaned out the hen house, so it is all ready for winter... I let them out today because I was cleaning and I was sitting in my chair... I put out some scratch and when I got up to go back to work, about six of them all squatted at the same time... it was funny to see that.... So I'm guessing that I'll be getting a lot more eggs very soon...

Oh, it's the brown one...the white one is from Costco...

Last edited:
Yippee, I can't believe it,But I got 1 egg today!! I couldn't believe my eyes.... It was in the corner of the hen house... Today I cleaned out the hen house, so it is all ready for winter... I let them out today because I was cleaning and I was sitting in my chair... I put out some scratch and when I got up to go back to work, about six of them all squatted at the same time... it was funny to see that.... So I'm guessing that I'll be getting a lot more eggs very soon...

Congratulations!!!!!! Here's to many more to come.........

Congratulations its perfect!

Back
Top Bottom