Who has a kindle?

Me too, and I am amazed at how many kindle titles my local library has!!!

The best part of the Kindle is that I can download books from the library from my sofa. There are no overdue fines and it takes all of about 3 minutes. LOVE IT!! I have done nothing but read since I got it.
smile.png

I know the fire doesn't come with 3g, but can you get it?

No. The Touch and Keypad Kindles can be purchased with 3G option and the DX comes with it but it isn't an option--yet--for the Fire. Unfortunately, as I have the DX while my wife has the Fire and I can download things faster and in more places because I don't have to rely on WiFi.

I am planning of getting just the basic Kindle reader hopefully in a month or so. It has been another bad winter with the economy and I just have to wait.

No.  The Touch and Keypad Kindles can be purchased with 3G option and the DX comes with it but it isn't an option--yet--for the Fire.  Unfortunately, as I have the DX while my wife has the Fire and I can download things faster and in more places because I don't have to rely on WiFi.

How does the 3g work? How does it pick up internet, if not WiFi?
And how is the screen? Will i be able to use it outside in the bright sunlight?? ( I cant use/read my fire outside in the sun..)
I'm looking for a Kindle that i can use outside this summer...

Quote:
I am planning of getting just the basic Kindle reader hopefully in a month or so. It has been another bad winter with the economy and I just have to wait.

The basic Kindle is perfect if all you want to do is read. I did a bunch of research before buying mine and finally decided it was the way to go. It's perfect if you have access to wi-fi already.
My Dad has the touch. My sister has the one with the keyboard. Both now say they wished they had just gotten the basic model and saved the cash.

You will LOVE having it!

Back
Top Bottom