Who has bad neighbors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
How many of you guys have had an experience (or more than one!) with a bad neighbor? How'd you fix the problem or are you still dealing with it?

The only 2 incidents we've ever had were when 1 neighbor, who is about 1/2mile away, stole our Peacocks! They had a bad habit of exploring but all of the other neighbors enjoyed them..one always met the Cock in the morning to feed him dog food
tongue.png
...He of course still has them & OF COURSE still denies that they were ever ours. I guess after so much crap we finally decided to let it go.. at least he wasn't killing them, right?

Our other neighbor, who lives right along our pasture fenceline, was always nice but while I was in the process of building a new coop I had to lean the framing against the fence so the animals(cows) wouldn't break anything and apparently he thought it was in his way while he was plowing the back part of his property so he knocked it all down and busted it!! I was totally mad but seeing as how we never had any problems before (and they only live there 1/2 the year) I decided to let it go and just put everythign back together and move on....I kind of still want to put the geese right next to his property and let him enjoy their non-stop honking
lol.png

Some neighbors are not much fun. All of mine are pretty good except one who lives across the street and down the road about one house. He calls the police every time my dogs bark. I don't let them out for very long periods of time because if someone walks by and they do a short bark - by the time I get to the back door to let them in he is on the phone to the police. We are allowed to let them bark for 15 minutes according to city ordinance.

I have one bad neighbor that started out by killing my first chickens because he didn't want me to have any, and by now I am QUITE CERTAIN that he wishes he had never started that war. He went to great lengths to try to discourage my chicken keeping and has instead just removed any inhibition I ever had against letting him know in PLAIN terms, gestures, actions that to me he is less than a dropping I scrape from my shoe if I notice him at all.

My neighbor blew up the post office(!!!!!) a few years back, but got off because he has some mental problems(let me say that pot doesn't help that either! Oy!)! and to top it off he drives up and down our road on his riding lawn mower!! I ignore and DON'T make eye contact!! Good thing their house is about 1/4+ mile away!

I have a crazy cat lady neighbour....No offence intended to the above poster..... She also has some form of mental disease and has been collecting feral cats and feeding them for years. Every so often neighbours get council cat cages to trap these ferals that breed.........like feral cats. She doesnt realise that she is not helping them by just feeding them all the time. In a 3 month period 46 cats were trapped. I have lost ducks to these ferals before, and although we used to talk...I no longer speak to this neighbour as she does not stop feeding the ferals despite council and police telling her not to. She does not work and spends most of her pension on cat food and searches rubbish bins for her own food. I feel bad for her situation, but she has alienated everyone else in the neighbourhood too. She stands at her gate yelling at people.
I just want the feral cat population in my area to become controlled.

Quote:
This is very similar to my situation. Mine are also trying to change the neighborhood covenants to include "no farm animal" because of my chickens and ducks. I would be "grandfathered" in of course but they are constantly trying to come up with things to make me miserable. We ignore them mostly.....

Quote:
I guess I have to disagree with you about your first "bad" neighbor, Bleenie, because I had a neighbor who had peacocks also who were always "exploring"...well, his peacocks came over here repeatedly even after he was warned by animal control (who would do nothing else about them, because roaming poultry apparently weren't in their "job description"), but suffice it to say they were a HUGE nuisance here. They got into my barn, made a huge mess (did you know peacocks can turn over a galvanized can full of horse feed? I do!) spooked my horses and left their droppings all over my horsey stuff and my hay in my building. So while you might think they are cute "pets", on someone else's side of the fence they might be qualifying as "pests". There is even a place in Florida somewhere where peacocks have pretty much taken over a neighborhood...they actually get into people's houses there. I don't know what they finally decided to do about them there. There's a limit to what a person can take. Just because they don't have teeth doesn't mean they aren't just as capable of taking over the neighborhood like someone's loose dog, and they have the added ability to fly and leave little "gifts" where no dog can reach. Personally, I'd rather step in a dog's lawn mines than have my hay all full of peacock waste, although those aren't welcome here either.

Quote:
LOL My husband does this too but he mows some of the elderly neighbors properties while they're out of town. I always laugh at him when he leaves. LOL

Laurie

we had a neighbor who kept letting his pit bulls loose and the kept coming in my yard to attack my dogs. another neighbor shot and killed one for chasing his horses... they finally moved..
several neighbors speed up and downour road at all hours of theday and night(i am near the end of a dead end road) its nerve wracking because we can't get any sleep... and they are the first ones to complain if someone else speeds past their houses.

Last edited:
Our family lives in a duplex on 10 acres that we own - it was built so that my elderly aunt could live on her own, but still right with us. When she passed away, we began renting the other side of the duplex out.

We told our new neighbors that we have birds in makeshift runs in the yard all the time, and that they had to keep their little beagle/lab mix on a leash at all times. Guess what; the dog is NEVER on a leash. She doesn't plow through my fences (although I'm sure she could) and hurt the ducks at all, but she has great fun running around the pens in circles harassing them.
somad.gif

She's a very sweet little dog, and I like her, but I wish her lazy owners would either train her better or keep her on a leash like we insisted before they moved in. We haven't brought it up with them yet because it hasn't happened more than a handful of times and they're really good neighbors otherwise. But, if it happens again, I don't think I'll be able to keep my cool about it anymore - they'll be told they have to keep the dog on a leash, get rid of the dog, or move!
rant.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom