Who has bad neighbors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I guess I have to disagree with you about your first "bad" neighbor, Bleenie, because I had a neighbor who had peacocks also who were always "exploring"...well, his peacocks came over here repeatedly even after he was warned by animal control (who would do nothing else about them, because roaming poultry apparently weren't in their "job description"), but suffice it to say they were a HUGE nuisance here. They got into my barn, made a huge mess (did you know peacocks can turn over a galvanized can full of horse feed? I do!) spooked my horses and left their droppings all over my horsey stuff and my hay in my building. So while you might think they are cute "pets", on someone else's side of the fence they might be qualifying as "pests". There is even a place in Florida somewhere where peacocks have pretty much taken over a neighborhood...they actually get into people's houses there. I don't know what they finally decided to do about them there. There's a limit to what a person can take. Just because they don't have teeth doesn't mean they aren't just as capable of taking over the neighborhood like someone's loose dog, and they have the added ability to fly and leave little "gifts" where no dog can reach. Personally, I'd rather step in a dog's lawn mines than have my hay all full of peacock waste, although those aren't welcome here either.

This guy never once complained about them he just trapped them in his barn until we just gave up and now theyre back to running around squalking everywhere. so it's not liek he hated them...he just thought they should be his & not ours.

ETA: We decided to let it go because the guy is a bit looney. We tried talking to him one time and he came running out with a gun, his wife wasn't much help either, i kind of think she was scared of him.
sad.png

Last edited:
My neighbors started whining about the chicken coop being too close to their property. It was in the corner of our property, near the corner of their property, and for the record their house is far from our coop and they don't do anything in that corner so...whatever. It is partially our fault because we didn't know that you have to place your coop 40' away from the property line, but still... It cost us over $500 to move the coop thirty feet, and they really could have just put up with it. They were jerks about it, too, didn't even bother talking to us about it and instead wrote us an anonymous letter. When I write it down it just sounds like it was our fault, but if you saw the situation you'd see why I'm irritated. This is the absolute only time they've ever contacted us about anything.

One of our other neighbors is being nice to us now, but one time she exploded on us, started screaming at us, and told us she was going to sue us over our dogs barking.
roll.png
We have three dogs, but they're inside 95% of the time and they don't bark more than a normal dog, and they're well behaved and cared for. In fact, they bark probably less. Definitely not for fifteen minutes or more, which is what is required to file a noise complaint. She never went through with the threat (probably because she realized we weren't breaking any laws or anything). She then proceeded to not talk to us at all for six months when she had previously been friendly.

If anyone should be complaining, it should be us! There have been several times she and other people have had SCREAMING, SWEARING ARGUMENTS in that house where I could hear every word even over the TV. Ridiculous. And that definitely went on for more than fifteen minutes!

Also, there's a cat (I don't know who he belongs to, but someone) who is practically living on our property. I love all animals and he's a somewhat friendly cat, but he sometimes picks fights with my outdoor cat and steals her food all the time, which is annoying. All the neighbors cats come on our property, really, but like I said I love all animals so as long as they're not causing trouble they don't really bother me.

Mr.Bojangles :

Quote:
About 10 years ago my neighbor who lives a quarter mile from me, lets her dogs roam loose. Our county having no leash laws, so calling the sheriff is a waste of time. One afternoon her two dogs chased down and killed two turkeys on my property, while I was cutting grass. My daughter ran and told me what was happening. Let me tell you I never saw a dog run so fast, when I dropped his brother with #1 buckshot, and tore his hindparts up as he was exiting my property.

Yep they called the law on me, wanted me arrested, claimed the dogs were worth $5000.00 each. The deputy took pictures of the dead turkeys, the dog tracks, the dead dog next to one of the turkeys. and asked me to meet him in a hour at the magistrates office. Upon viewing the evidence, and a log of complains by me in previous months. He told the dog owners that what I did was justified. He also told asked me the value of the turkeys in their presents. I stated as they were pets to my family, we would settle for $500.00 each. He asked me if I wished to bring charges against them. I told him , I wanted to confer with my attorney first. He told the dog owner they could leave, about a month later they sold their house and moved back to Maryland.
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

Now all my other neighbors and even the deer hunters seem to avoid letting their dogs come in smelling distance of my property!!

So, did they cough up five big ones apeice for the turkeys? Don't leave us in the dark on the best part now!
wink.png

Quote:
I guess I have to disagree with you about your first "bad" neighbor, Bleenie, because I had a neighbor who had peacocks also who were always "exploring"...well, his peacocks came over here repeatedly even after he was warned by animal control (who would do nothing else about them, because roaming poultry apparently weren't in their "job description"), but suffice it to say they were a HUGE nuisance here. They got into my barn, made a huge mess (did you know peacocks can turn over a galvanized can full of horse feed? I do!) spooked my horses and left their droppings all over my horsey stuff and my hay in my building. So while you might think they are cute "pets", on someone else's side of the fence they might be qualifying as "pests". There is even a place in Florida somewhere where peacocks have pretty much taken over a neighborhood...they actually get into people's houses there. I don't know what they finally decided to do about them there. There's a limit to what a person can take. Just because they don't have teeth doesn't mean they aren't just as capable of taking over the neighborhood like someone's loose dog, and they have the added ability to fly and leave little "gifts" where no dog can reach. Personally, I'd rather step in a dog's lawn mines than have my hay all full of peacock waste, although those aren't welcome here either.

This guy never once complained about them he just trapped them in his barn until we just gave up and now theyre back to running around squalking everywhere. so it's not liek he hated them...he just thought they should be his & not ours.

ETA: We decided to let it go because the guy is a bit looney. We tried talking to him one time and he came running out with a gun, his wife wasn't much help either, i kind of think she was scared of him.
sad.png

Ah, I guess that's a bit different then...no one over here is in the dark as to how I feel about these peacocks! I'm quite sure I can be heard screaming and yelling, swearing, throwing things and the birds honking like crazy with the dog going nuts when they are over here, all the way to their house! And that was before the animal control officer! My husband always knows when the peacocks are here, even from inside the house.
rant.gif
He's pretty lucky the guy with the loose dog next to him lost his dog, because I know that dog would have had peacock for lunch if he had gotten hold of them. They're like door to door salesmen around here!

Quote:
About 10 years ago my neighbor who lives a quarter mile from me, lets her dogs roam loose. Our county having no leash laws, so calling the sheriff is a waste of time. One afternoon her two dogs chased down and killed two turkeys on my property, while I was cutting grass. My daughter ran and told me what was happening. Let me tell you I never saw a dog run so fast, when I dropped his brother with #1 buckshot, and tore his hindparts up as he was exiting my property.

Yep they called the law on me, wanted me arrested, claimed the dogs were worth $5000.00 each. The deputy took pictures of the dead turkeys, the dog tracks, the dead dog next to one of the turkeys. and asked me to meet him in a hour at the magistrates office. Upon viewing the evidence, and a log of complains by me in previous months. He told the dog owners that what I did was justified. He also told asked me the value of the turkeys in their presents. I stated as they were pets to my family, we would settle for $500.00 each. He asked me if I wished to bring charges against them. I told him , I wanted to confer with my attorney first. He told the dog owner they could leave, about a month later they sold their house and moved back to Maryland.
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

Now all my other neighbors and even the deer hunters seem to avoid letting their dogs come in smelling distance of my property!!

So, did they cough up five big ones apeice for the turkeys? Don't leave us in the dark on the best part now!
wink.png

Oh no, my wife asked me to let it go. I would have sued them for the spite of it. But you know how wives are!!!She said, that the fear that a court summons would show up in their mailbox would ruin a couple nights sleep for them. Evidently they felt something as they moved away so quickly.

all my neighbours know I only have 1 rule....
lol.png

if my animals ever on their property chasing their animals, they're welcome to shoot it.... same courtesy will be expected when the situation is reversed...

We all get along fine.

Quote:
This is the rule I strictly adhere to also.

My neighbors know I might be trigger happy if a man or beast violates my property, so anyway in 15 years I never had to lock up my cars, my gate or my barn.

So far so good.

I feel safer than most of those people locked up with false sense of security in fancy gated communities with guards, alarm systems etc.

There is more insecurity and crime in those communities than in my neighborhood.

The only "crime" here happens when one of the boys around has one beer too many and happens to be little phisycal during argument with his women, then you can see a cop cruiser around.

LOL

Quote:
Me too. They know I have a nasty temper. Thankfully they all live about a quarter of a mile away. My chickens do not wonder there and they know I target practice sometimes so they keep their dogs tied. It's not the neighbors I have problems with. They are all pretty nice. It's the wild animals I have problems with.
sad.png

Mr.Bojangles :

Quote:
wink.png

Oh no, my wife asked me to let it go. I would have sued them for the spite of it. But you know how wives are!!!She said, that the fear that a court summons would show up in their mailbox would ruin a couple nights sleep for them. Evidently they felt something as they moved away so quickly.​

I dunno...I'm a wife and I would have sued them! It's my husband who would have been trying to back me down!
wink.png
Especially seeing as I have already gone to court against someone whose dog trapped me in a gangway between houses up in the city...he didn't bite me but he had me trapped there for 15 minutes in about -20 windchill. Their "fence" that they claimed to have for their Doberman was knee-high chicken wire stretched across their driveway...and yep, the judge gave them a healthy fine. So he already knows I'd be all about seeing them have to take responsibility!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom