Who have you had good luck ordering chicks from??

Kay56 - I'm in the NRV and I think you will find getting the chicks in May is a good thing - I know you have to wait but I found it much easier to raise them in the warmer weather - had to use the heat lamp less and they got to get outside sooner. I know I worried less about them too! Enjoy! ~Laura

We've always gotten our chicks from Estes Hatchery in Springfield, Missouri. You can order online from their website or by an 800 number. They've been around since 1922 and their customer service is great.

We just received our order from Mt. Healthy today. All 75+ birds are vigorous, healthy little things. I called a month ago and changed my order completely and they were very pleasant and helpful.

I ALWAYS order from Cackle Hatchery. I don't they're as well known as some of these others, but they are amazing and their birds look wonderful. (Especially their silkies.)
Overall, I have been very pleased with the birds we have gotten from them.

I ALWAYS order from Cackle Hatchery. I don't they're as well known as some of these others, but they are amazing and their birds look wonderful. (Especially their silkies.)
Overall, I have been very pleased with the birds we have gotten from them.

I'm so glad you posted this. You eased alot of my worries. I just ordered from them. The chicks are due to ship Monday and will be here Wed.

I've ordered from Ideal twice now and all the chicks looked great. I've never tried anybody else and as long as they do what they have been doing I won't. My doctor swears by Cackle Hatchery.

I'm so glad you posted this. You eased alot of my worries. I just ordered from them. The chicks are due to ship Monday and will be here Wed.

I would also like to add that we have only had one chick die. It was a packing peanut and got sick a few days after we received them. Their packing peanuts are usually chicks of the same breeds you have ordered.

I've only ever ordered from McMurray. We did lose two of our Sumatra chicks though. I posted about it last March. It was sad. For some reason we only got credit on our account for one chick. The wouldn't ship us new ones since only two died? The Sumatras were both just pretty sickly when they arrived.

I will probably order from them again but I was upset that they wouldn't reship with packing peanuts or something. Hubby really wanted those Sumatras. :(

We got our day old chicks last July from Murray McMurray Hatchery. We ordered 25 EE females and they sent 26 plus the one mystery chick. All 27 are still alive and healthy! The only one that ended up being a rooster was the mystery chick. I will definitely order from them again.

Back
Top Bottom