Who here is into Photography?

MaggieRae

Crowing
15 Years
Apr 12, 2009
North Texas
I'm just curious who on BYC is into photography. Perhaps if you'd like to tell what camera you have, some of your favorite methods, and maybe some shots?

Personally, I have some cheap digital camera that I only use for dangerous things that hurt cameras, like road trips with buddies and school events. I also have a Nikon D5000 for more artsy pictures. My mother and I share lenses when we get the chance and she has a Nikon D50 and a D60. We're both in the same wildlife photography club, so we switch cameras on occasion during safaris.
If you'd like to see some of my pictures, they're at MaggieRae's Pictures .

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey! It's been a while since I've posted to this thread but wanted to stop by and ask for some critique on some of my newest pictures.

Our little Bear. She was born with out a tail and looked like a little bear when she ran around.

Kittens. Wish the other kitties face wasn't blurry...

Wanted to add an extra element to a rose picture, so I had my little sister hold it for me.

Long exposure with sparklers.

Squirrel!

Waterfall.

More kitties.

Sunset. I thought it turned out pretty well seeing as I took it out the window of the car as we were driving. (Ironically just as we were passing a nature photography truck.)

Sunset on the beach in California

Same sunset with a silhouette added.

Last edited:
I've been playing with setting on my camera, and earlier this summer we went back to South Dakota to visit family. If you've ever been to Sioux Falls, you know there is a beautiful park there called Falls Park. The falls of the Big Sioux River flow right through the heart of town. I love it there - it's where Ken proposed to me almost 48 years ago.

I love how changing the aperature and ISO on the camera gave this soft effect to the water. I have so much to learn yet, and I am one of those people who can read a manual or read instructions and still have no bloomin' idea what I'm supposed to do. I just have to mess around with it and remember where the "delete" button is!

I love taking close up shots. I just wish I had a real camera and a real macro lens. For now I just have a point and shoot Cannon PowerShot A710IS.

230_spider.jpg

230_sucker1.jpg

230_sun_flower.jpg

230_bee4.jpg

Into the eyes of a dragonfly.

This is Birdy ( not a particularly interesting name but it stuck) a baby Grackle I once took care of for about 2 months.

This is a baby robin fledgling about to leave the nest ( which was a bush near my house).

A cluster of flowers.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom