Who is your candidate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may be right about the election GW got 2 terms and the 2nd was decided by women voters as I remember which are the swing votes usually. I really think that Obama won the election only because of the media an the black vote. There has never been over 90% of one color vote the same. He has no results to boast about unless foodstamps, unemployment bad economy and Obamacare are your credentials, heck he did not even shut down Gitmo. All I need do is talk to my neighbors and freinds they have nothing good to say about Obama and some had to of voted for him. He compared himself to Mickey Mouse the other day and said while in Disneyland that tourism was going to create jobs, minimum wage jobs sure, while killing the Keystone pipeline which would create family wage jobs. Now they are going to build a pipeline that does not cross the Canadian border and will not need presidential approval, the guy just doesn't get it.

I had no real issues with Obama but he has done nothing really but put our kids in debt and their kids, do you want to pay for all his crap? I sure don't I want the federal government to be out of my life and I will vote for anyone that wants that also even Ron Paul.

That is the point. We have spent the last 70 or so years making enemies. Sweden has not.

"Besides he is unelectable IMO." The media is pushing that agenda pretty hard but math does not change cause the media does not like someone.
Democrats always vote Democrat. Republicans always vote Republican. Elections are decided by independents. Basic math. Obama is still strong with the independent voter an the independents seem to like to give presidents the whole 8 years.
The Republicans are already fighting a up hill battle. If they dont stop thinking about what the party wants an start thinking about what the independents want then they are giving the election to Obama.

I don't care much for any of the candidates of the 2 Major Parties. I'm planning to vote for the former Governor of New Mexico. I think he's the ONLY ONE with ANY CHANCE of "fixing this mess".
-Junkmanme-

I think both Santorum and Romney could fix the mess as long as there are enough Republicans in the Senate and the House of Representatives.

This election, truly is for the soul of our country. Our constitution will be a thing of the past if things remain the same.

All we can do is wait, watch and MOST importantly vote our minds. I even think the former gov. of NM could fix things.

How many have actually looked at the voting records of these people? How many get all their info from the media? People have access to all the information now through the internet, so, ignorance is no excuse like it was before the internet. How many are getting the majority of their funds from bankers and special interest lobbies? How many ignore the constitution when voting? If people really did ignore who the media wants to get elected and research on their own, there is only one that follows the constitution completely.

Seems like the choice we have this year isn't all that good
sad.png
I think many people are getting a lot of their news and opinions about candidates from internet sites so the influence of television media on shaping public opinion is not as great as it once was which I think is maybe a good thing. I try to get as news from as many sources as possible.

Its actually the best choice I've had in my lifetime. I have never heard of a politician that has followed the constitution on every vote they have ever made until now. Its also the only time I can remember a politician who cannot be bought. The media is the most powerful weapon in the world, and can dictate elections. If they have a candidate they can control, they will give this person millions of dollars worth of free advertisement while ignoring the one they have no control over. What if you had a candidate that was going to expose many things that would have a effect on the media's interest, the media will do everything in its power to make sure this person doesn't get elected. The majority of people get their information from watching the news on tv or the newspaper, so, it can make it impossible for a fair election without a fair press. One good thing that has come of this is, it has awakened many people to how corrupt the media is, and how powerful they are also.

It has nothing to do with LIKE, it has to do with whether he would be a good President!

Sorry for mis using the word like. You vote for people you like you do not vote for people you don't like. Ron Paul is the only man who will follow the constitution to the letter. Every debate he goes on he as to constantly inform the other candidates that what they are doing is unconstitutional. The media doesn't like that and tries to keep him to a minimum. They even tried to keep him out of an abortion question and he is an OBGYN.

Sorry for mis using the word like. You vote for people you like you do not vote for people you don't like. Ron Paul is the only man who will follow the constitution to the letter. Every debate he goes on he as to constantly inform the other candidates that what they are doing is unconstitutional. The media doesn't like that and tries to keep him to a minimum. They even tried to keep him out of an abortion question and he is an OBGYN.

thumbsup.gif

IMHO only, Ron Paul's biggest liability is his rabid supporters. I frequent many gun forums and you dare not question the almighty RP. You will get a verbal bashing like you've never seen before. Very much like many libertarians that I've known through the years who get in your face if you fail to see the reasoning of libertarianism.

This is likely the first year that I will skip a general election. We have both sides of the same rusty dented coin. No one is going to get elected and make the tough decisions to get us back on a path toward fiscal responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom