Who killed Horace the Rooster?

A house cat could definitely do that but if it would want to im not sure.I have a tom cat that could completely survive on his own he prefers smaller things though & he never has touched any of my birds.

Oh talking about hawks we found one of our 9 foot tall fence posts with a chicken skeleton on top with only the feet still attached to bone.
hu.gif
I think it was a hawk but not totally sure.Luckily it was the neighbors free-ranged chickens not one of mine.
he.gif

Well I'm not happy any chicken died but my neighbor doesn't care if his chickens live or die that's why he lets them free-range all over.I really love all my chickens & would be devastated if anyone of them died.I wasn't trying to be offensive.

I just spotted a hawk hunting my chickens, so I ran at it like a crazy person, screeching like an eagle. It took off, and hopefully it thinks I'm too nuts to come by again.

The chickens were wise enough to abandon the bounty of kitchen scraps I'd just delivered to their outdoor run and were all inside the coop before I even noticed the hawk myself.

I'm going to have to keep a keen eye for the next few weeks at least, I suspect.

Not too long a go I disturbed a hawk mid way through munching on my brahma. I posted in this forum. The inside of the head was eaten, and it had started plucking the chest feathers out to get at the breast.

I would definitely shut them in at night, every night. I've forgotten maybe 4 times in the past 5 years. One of those times, something went in during the night and killed my whole flock.

Back
Top Bottom