Who to introduce to black sex link pullet

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

I am so sorry for your loss. :hugs Always heartbreaking to lose them.

Your remaining bird will be confused awhile. You will need to pay a but more attention to this one, spend more time with her, I wouldn't leave her alone in the coop long and definitely not free ranging alone. You might keep her as a house chicken for now, in your mud room, laundry area, garage? She is pretty young and you don't want to traumatize her. Hopefully you can find some friends that are similar in age for her soon.
Okay thank you! I do have a sunroom I can maybe make due, but that’s if my dog doesn’t stare through the glass all day and taunt her lol. I hope I find some soon too thank you!

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
I'm so sorry you lost one of your girls.
I agree that getting 2 more girls about the same age, maybe a little younger, and slowly introducing them via the 'look don't touch' method for about 7 days before allowing them to intermingle will be best for her. Any breed will do but avoid Silkies or Polish as they are so different in appearance they often become the victims of bullying.
Okay! I’m so nervous for her to get bullied because she was submissive and loved her sister so much. But hope the look don’t touch works out! Thank you:)

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you are able to find a friend for her!
I had no idea vultures would go after chickens. I thought they only went after wounded or dead things but I googled it and found out that they will in fact go after chickens. We've got more than a few turkey vultures around our area. I will have to be more careful when they're around.
That’s exactly what I thought, but they way she looked and I saw the vulture fly away I did some googling too. I think it is because they were younger(weren’t sick at all) that it happened but definitely pay attention to those dang things, you know know!

Okay! I’m so nervous for her to get bullied because she was submissive and loved her sister so much. But hope the look don’t touch works out! Thank you:)
That's why I suggested birds slightly younger than her. She'll be the odd one out because they will outnumber her.

Back
Top Bottom