Whole foods?

Yeah iceburg lettuce is pretty much useless as a vegetable. I only eat it when I'm out and am not given other lettuce options, I never buy it. So spinach is the better choice. And if it turns out it's just not the veggie option for you, try something else. You'll get used to adding them if you make it a habit.

I would say try going easy on the mayo, there's enough mayo on 6" of that sandwich for me to make egg salad for 3 sandwiches.
wink.png

But good for you trying to make changes. It's a gradual process but we all have to start somewhere.

Last edited:
I actually liked the spinach :) I'm gonna keep adding veggies and trying the others haha

And idk, maybe it's just our Subway or maybe idk portions but they don't seem to put too much mayo on ours and I usually add wayyy more at home haha it's bad

Good on you about the spinach! I usually have spinach on hand in case I just need some sort of veggie for lunch (and the chickens eat it too) since it can be eaten raw or cooked and cooks very quickly.

Yeah your sandwich in the photo had "a lot" of mayo to me. I stopped eating mayo for years but I do eat it now in in small doses (if I can see it oozing out, it's way too much). I still don't really care for it but it's hard to make potato salad or ranch dressing without it!

Keep adding more veggies.. try not to look at them, just eat them and I bet you won't even notice they are there.
wink.png

Yeah, i love spinach and sometimes kale for smoothies and/or salads but i tend to buy big bags then forget about it.

But yeah, I'll get less mayo next time. I think it was cause i added the veggies so it was kinda on top and came out when they closed it, idk. But i could def use less mayo lol

And kiki, good idea. I'm gonna try that lol

Okay so I've been trying to eat healthier for a while (okay, haven't really been trying, simply want to eat healthier) but it doesn't seem to be working. It's like too daunting and hard to start and I am too addicted to sugar...

SO.

I came up with this great new idea today...

Maybe I could simply try eating only whole foods for a week?

Would that be harder? Finding and eating enough variety of whole foods and especially no processed foods at all might be hard.. maybe start just less processed foods?

But my diet has gotten progressively worse. I've eaten a lot of tortilla chips and ice cream lately and fast food. Lots of worst of the worst type stuff.

But enough rambling and complaining about my diet.

I guess what I would like to know are what are some examples of whole foods besides the common ones? And what are some good recipes?

Because all I can think of is like salads and peppers, tomatoes, carrots, etc., basically just the veggies & fruits they sell at the grocery store and that gets boring... are there any other foods I'm missing here? Or even just recipes to use said boring foods so they are not boring. Or perhaps I shouldn't be buying from the grocery store either?

But let's just work on healthier for now and I can find a farm stand later lol

I did manage to eat a salad today though and buy lots of kale, spinach, blueberries, and strawberries.

But I want more I guess.

Like for example, can you make your own pasta sauce? Obviously pasta is processed as are a lot of good grains so I guess it might not be possible to go 100% not processed? But I at least want a start.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the rather rambly and unsure nature of this.

But the basic premise is PLEASE HELP ME EAT HEALTHIER AND ALSO FIND WAYS TO MAKE HEALTHY TASTY AND NOT BORING.
I may be repeating but I'm too lazy to read the entire thread today.

For spaghetti buy spaghetti squash to sub for the noodles. Cut it in half length wise, gut out seeds (dry those for your garden), add a bit of water to the hole and cover with foil. Bake until the inside turns to spaghetti type noodles. For a sauce take your favorite and there you go.

For "pizza" you could make a frittata (poor spelling) make a scrambled eggs mix and pour to your preferred thickness in a high side baking dish. Top with your favorite pizza toppings and bake until egg sets.

I'm not sure about whole foods as I'm on a see food diet. I eat everything that looks good. It's all about portion. We eat fresh foods 99% of the time but we love velveta smothered chips with all the nacho fixing. Yummy. If you want more recipes just pm me I love food and cooking.

I may be repeating but I'm too lazy to read the entire thread today.

For spaghetti buy spaghetti squash to sub for the noodles. Cut it in half length wise, gut out seeds (dry those for your garden), add a bit of water to the hole and cover with foil. Bake until the inside turns to spaghetti type noodles. For a sauce take your favorite and there you go.

For "pizza" you could make a frittata (poor spelling) make a scrambled eggs mix and pour to your preferred thickness in a high side baking dish. Top with your favorite pizza toppings and bake until egg sets.

I'm not sure about whole foods as I'm on a see food diet. I eat everything that looks good. It's all about portion. We eat fresh foods 99% of the time but we love velveta smothered chips with all the nacho fixing. Yummy. If you want more recipes just pm me I love food and cooking.

It's okay, completely understandable! Thanks for all the great recipes and ideas. I'll try some of those :)

I'm doing great today! :D

Except I have gone to the bathroom a lot and feel a little bloated. Is this normal?

Back
Top Bottom