Why are duck eggs making my husband sick?

Duck eggs do not need to be refrigerated if you are eating them only a few days after they are laid. I believe they may even last longer than chicken eggs. I believe Duck eggs have a higher fat content that is not always easy on the stomach. It also could be an allergy or intolerance that is specific to duck eggs. Did you or anyone else try the eggs? I think it is unlikely that the eggs are bad for all people.
Unfortunately, no one else wants to eat them after my husband was the first one to try them and he got sick. :(

I have a neighbor who got sick from chicken eggs so they got ducks. Duck eggs worked for a while but then he got sick on them. He finally figured out that he was extremely sensitive to soy and it was in their feed. He switched both his ducks and chickens to soy free food and stop getting sick. Sadly, he got rid of the ducks soon after because “they were too much work”. Anyway, it could be what they are eating which is the problem.

I developed an intolerance to duck eggs. I can get quite sick if I eat them. But, I haven't eaten them for years now. However, I thought I could bake with them and baked a cake this past summer with duck eggs, nope had the same symptoms. So, for me ducks are just pets.
I can eat chicken eggs, but when I initially got sick on the duck eggs (didn't know it at the time), I also developed an intolerance to chicken eggs. So, I cut all eggs out for 6 months before trying a chicken egg again.

I have a neighbor who got sick from chicken eggs so they got ducks. Duck eggs worked for a while but then he got sick on them. He finally figured out that he was extremely sensitive to soy and it was in their feed. He switched both his ducks and chickens to soy free food and stop getting sick. Sadly, he got rid of the ducks soon after because “they were too much work”. Anyway, it could be what they are eating which is the problem.
I wonder if that's why I can only tolerate the "free range" chicken eggs, but if they're just regular chicken eggs I can't. I know a lot of the free range/organic chicken owners/farms tend to shy away from soy🤔

Just a thought: maybe don't wash them in bleach and have him try one? An egg shell is a permeable thing so anytime you wet it whatever you're wetting it with can get into the egg. Its probably not enough to be a problem but I never wash my eggs-i just keep the nesting box clean and if it does get poo on it it goes to the dog.

Back
Top Bottom