Why did she lay a very small egg today?

Hens that are quitting lay often pop out a very small egg at the end. It could mean she is quitting for a long time (will moult) or she is just at the end of a clutch. Not unusual. I have seen these often.

once in a while my chicken lays a double yolk egg that is so long that it does not fit in the egg crate. does that ever happen to anyone else out there?

Food coloring? Why? Don't be worried magickbird. When you have new chickens they will lay small eggs and they get bigger and then they lay small eggs sometimes for about a week
hugs.gif
I was referencing the conversation about how to tell which bird is laying which egg. Lipstick around the vent, so each girl can have their own color. Food coloring is cheaper. That's all. It didn't have anything to do with the size of the egg. Sorry for the confusion.

Hello!! I got a fairy egg today!! Very surprising!!! Saturn is over a year tho and has been my best producer.... typical egg every time.... she is a AM and a welsummer hybrid. Her egg is cute but I am a little concerned.... well see what tomorrows looks like and go from there!
20170630_172615.jpg

Back
Top Bottom