Why did she lay a very small egg today?

Will the colour of their eggs change
I have four steady RSL layers, two have the light brown coloring shown in the pictures I posted before. One has the dark brown shown before and one has a shade pretty much right between the other two. So will the eggs color change possibly, most of mine at the very beginning were the pale brown color. But either way the eat the same no matter what color they turn out to be.

Hey anyone out there have Butter Cup Chickens? I got some questions about them.

Thanks KWS

My RSL has been laying for a little over 30 days.She always lays very small eggs.This is a pick of her first double yolk she laid with a regular size egg next to it. Her egg was about the size of a golf ball.

Whoa! Those are tiny little eggs!
ep.gif

....Is there anyway to tell, with 10 hens, who is laying which egg? We get 3-7 eggs/day and am wondering if any of them aren't laying at all. . . they're all around 3 years old, getting a little colder here, but not that cold, 12hrs or more of darkness.
Get a trap nest set up with an egg rollout feature. Then when you gather the eggs the hen that laid each egg will still be waiting patiently in the nest for you to release her.

Last edited:
I have one of mine that has done two of those fairy eggs. They did one this week and one last week. Lately only getting 2 out of our 3 egg layers. They are a year old. Is it ok to have 2?

Our Easter Egger recently started laying small eggs. First she stopped laying for about two weeks. I thought she was eating her eggs and was watching her like a hawk. Then about two weeks later she laid a teeny tiny egg. Her eggs are a big larger now but not as large as they used to be. We DID have a rooster for this time period. Because of complaints of our neighbors we had to return him about two weeks ago. Now I'm hoping she will get back into her groove again. She was the only chicken that would allow the rooster to mate with her. The others ran him off. He was just getting twitterpated. :) Pixie is the smallest chicken and lightest chicken and thus the most picked on.. She is also the softest of all our chickens and allows me to pet her almost every day.

Back
Top Bottom