Why did she lay a very small egg today?

What do you mean you don't know what I was talking about?
hmm.png

My Barred Rocks are laying some very small eggs also, I just chocked it up to that they are just now starting and they will get to the same size of my Red Sex Links.

But...... the real reason I wrote today is I went out and collected eggs and Rachel the RSL who took (for what seemed forever) to start laying, seems like she really wanted to impress me today.

WELL ........................................... She did...

The dark brown is one of the normal sized eggs we have been getting, Today Rachel out did herself, and I'll be betting it will be a double yoker.

So far I've had three Fairly larger eggs and they all have been double yokers, but this one is almost 1/3 again the size of all the rest.

All I can say is .............................. OUCH........................ and I'll have to get her some extra sweet corn as a treat.

My Barred Rocks are laying some very small eggs also, I just chocked it up to that they are just now starting and they will get to the same size of my Red Sex Links.

But...... the real reason I wrote today is I went out and collected eggs and Rachel the RSL who took (for what seemed forever) to start laying, seems like she really wanted to impress me today.

The dark brown is one of the normal sized eggs we have been getting, Today Rachel out did herself, and I'll be betting it will be a double yoker.

So far I've had three Fairly larger eggs and they all have been double yokers, but this one is almost 1/3 again the size of all the rest.

All I can say is .............................. OUCH........................ and I'll have to get her some extra sweet corn as a treat.

Very nice. WTG Rachel !!
thumbsup.gif

That does seem like a lot of hard work! I congrats her...And her rooster!
wink.png
MAN! I forgot AGAIN to make a budgie nesting box! Mixie's probably like "Jeez my owner is slow!"
jumpy.gif
I hope my parakeet is old enough to breed, lay, and hatch!

occasionally a hen will get a "hiccup" wich pretty much is she got bothered and it messed up her egg cycle this normally clears up within a day and she's back on her regular cycle

Did she get a bit of a scare recently?

Did she stop laying for a few days and then start again? if so she may have just stopped and started up again and need to "get back in the groove"

did you add a knew member to the flock?

has there been any squabbles that have been a little bigger then a peck away from the feeder?

these eggs come small (this one even had a yolk.)

I have had a couple that big!

Here is a better example as too what the sizes I'm getting from my RSL hens. Darker brown are normal sized, and the smaller one are the one's I'm getting from my Barred Rocks. But I'm sure they will get larger as they become regular with laying.

And the super sized one well; as I said earlier Rachel out did herself on that one.

Back
Top Bottom