Why do most people marry?

lau.gif

Yup, I tell you Ewesheep... He always reminds himself that he vowed for the whole “In sickness and health” thingie and that he was sorry there was no clearer definition if that meant mental sickness or not.
lau.gif
Too late muwahahahahahahaha

Marriage is an outward sign to an inward act. When you love someone you marry as a MUTUAL sign that you are now "one" in love. It is a sacrifice and commitment that you make mutually to become one entity which is regarded as the highest level of love between a man and a woman otherwise you are mearly companions or partners which is seen as common, hence "common law marriage" by definition. Marriage is being replaced by civil unions which are rooted in and originated from heathen cultures as history records it. If marriage holds no special meaning to someone then they should not do it and then one would not need divorce which is how most bad relationships end up when the love is gone.

I respect and seek marital advice from those that have been married a long time afterall they have done it.

Quote: For some...

Marriage has existed in many different cultures, in many different structures (ie. polygyny, polyandry, arranged, etc) under many different forms, and continues to do so today.

Quote:

I'm not sure when it was decided that marriage is a monotheistic product and concept...only monotheistic marriages are such.

Quote:
Thankfully, people with this view are having less and less sway over what other people do with their lives. ...Now where is that emoticon that heaves a sigh and wipes a sweat drip away?

Do you guys think that most people who are in love fall out of love eventually, or is it something that should "stay with" forever...?

If you are very careful to choose a fundamentally KIND individual as a spouse, and you don't marry for the outer appearance of the individual, the relationship should last forever whilst both are on the earth. The love should be there forever.

I love the heart of my husband.

The difficult part is discerning whether a person is truly kind and loving, as one can be fooled so easily.

To me, that "in love" feeling should stay for as long as the two people are together. Once one person "falls out" of that feeling, then their marriage or relationship in general is in trouble. It's not something that either should force. It should be a natural feeling that does not stay stagnant but grows as the two people grow. Rather they should grow together and not grow apart.

This comes from a person who is going to get married this year...Actually, we could stay not married and be happy (as we have been for the past several years). But, my parents are very conservative and they want us to get married. We have already lived together and that is actually easier and better than living alone. Sometimes I think, "What would my life be like if we hadn't met? If we weren't together?" And really, I can't think of my life any other way. We have been through so many things together, I would love to have him there with me to make many more memories. We just think of the wedding day as a ceremony to legally say we are married. But, we have lived out those marriage vows throughout the time we've been together.

2x

To me, that "in love" feeling should stay for as long as the two people are together. Once one person "falls out" of that feeling, then their marriage or relationship in general is in trouble. It's not something that either should force. It should be a natural feeling that does not stay stagnant but grows as the two people grow. Rather they should grow together and not grow apart.
This comes from a person who is going to get married this year...Actually, we could stay not married and be happy (as we have been for the past several years). But, my parents are very conservative and they want us to get married. We have already lived together and that is actually easier and better than living alone. Sometimes I think, "What would my life be like if we hadn't met? If we weren't together?" And really, I can't think of my life any other way. We have been through so many things together, I would love to have him there with me to make many more memories. We just think of the wedding day as a ceremony to legally say we are married. But, we have lived out those marriage vows throughout the time we've been together.

Love is a verb it requires constant attention. When people quit loving someone they love someone/something else. You cannot have 2 masters you will love one and hate the other. Read some of the writings of women that were victims of polygamy for a better understanding of that subject as they experienced it.

Love is what you make it it takes both to participate so to answer your question you have to keep it alive just like anything else or it will die. I know couples that are in their 80's that have 50 or 60 years of one marriage and they all say you have to spend time with your spouse to make it last and it is mutual in responsibility. If one spouse spends all the time in say a tavern how long do you suppose that will last?

STD's should be a deciding factor alone for a monotheistic product and concept without having to be told by a higher power.
wink.png
It was for me.

For some...

Marriage has existed in many different cultures, in many different structures (ie. polygyny, polyandry, arranged, etc) under many different forms, and continues to do so today.

I'm not sure when it was decided that marriage is a monotheistic product and concept...only monotheistic marriages are such.

Thankfully, people with this view are having less and less sway over what other people do with their lives. ...Now where is that emoticon that heaves a sigh and wipes a sweat drip away?

I remember a good friend of mine talk about love.

"Love is deaf, dumb and stupid".

I agree, it has to constantly nutured because if it is not tended, it will die out. Take much more work to light it up. Having kids can snuff the crap out of love but ALWAYS make time for the couples to "renew" the bond together by hiring babysitter for once a week supper going out.

Back
Top Bottom