Why do roosters crow?

Quote:
I love that picture! They look like they have arms tucked behind their backs - just full of attitude. Very cute.

My roosters crow all day, every day. They start early and end late. They crow when I go outside. They crow when I come inside. They crow the whole time I'm outside and the whole time I'm inside. They crow when someone comes to visit us and they crow when someone leaves. Sometimes I know why they are crowing, but usually I have no idea. And I love every cock-a-doodle-do that comes out of them!

Rebecca they are adorable!
love.gif

Aww thanks
smile.png
But they are responsible for the picture, I just held the camera
big_smile.png
I was wondering if you can send in pic of weeks after you have had yours picked. They posted my late Ellie last year. Oh well, I will try anyway
smile.png

My Bantem crows when I walk away from the coop. And he crows starting around 4:30am. He thinks he is the boss the girls think different. I wondered why he crows but the whole announcing his territory thing makes since.

Ive got a 6 months rooster and he dont crow im so worried about this thing and i dont know what to do .Could someone tell me something about this?
sad.png
sad.png

When i watch them, i'm pretty sure they're intercepting messages from outer space that tell them to crow....the way they're pecking at the ground and scratching around - and then suddenly, it's like they heard something (intercepted a message), and then they look around, suck in their chests, and let her rip! I love watching them. But yes, i'm pretty sure roosters crow because aliens tell them to.
lol.png

But seriously, i have three rir cockerels who are 16 1/2 weeks old, and they started crowing roughly a month ago, and very quickly two of them stopped crowing, and the chief cockerel does all the crowing now. I miss when they all crowed 'cause i could tell their voices apart, and that was fun.

Quote:
Is this one the only rooster or are there other, more dominant roosters in the flock? If there are, he's probably just submissive to the older rooster. That's what i assume is going on anyway - from what i read. I'm no expert.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom