Why have chickens?

I can't imagine life without them after having them for a short time. Mine are spoiled rotten and so much fun, I have begun to "clicker train them". This is to easy I might add ( ; My husband is completely infatuated as well. I told him this is my catharsis (being out side when they free roam each evening) I felt awful the other night and he reminded me I didn't ever want to miss joining them so drug myself out and sure enough a
short time later I forgot I was sick!!

Ditto:

When I am grumpy, all I have to do is watch them for 2 minutes and the grumps go away!

Just got 2 NHReds from my niece , my first girls finally ! Have a tractor but they seem do confined. I'd like to let them out in my fenced yard but afraid they'll fly over. 4 FT fence if dog or cat scared them. I need someone to clip a song. I love my girls !

Cowhlb, I agree with almost all the pros and cons so far, but I'm afraid that I have to disagree with your spelling - you missed out a 'C'.

As far as I'm concerned, chickens aren't a wonderful addition - they are a wonderful ADDICTION, and I wouldn't be without them :love

I don't see a misspelling...

I keep my pen really clean and never really notice any smell. I do make sure to not overcrowd the area they are in. To many in to small of area is sure to be an issue. I als scrape and repaint things every two months. I swap some of the dirt in the outside pen with dirt from the garden.

How many chick
I keep my pen really clean and never really notice any smell. I do make sure to not overcrowd the area they are in. To many in to small of area is sure to be an issue. I als scrape and repaint things every two months. I swap some of the dirt in the outside pen with dirt from the garden.

How many do you have in your flock?

Why have chickens? Well...

You might end up with the one the know which came first.

Study them long enough and you may find out why they crossed the road.

But my best answer to Why Have Chickens is...

Why not?
goodpost.gif
I totally agree!!!!!!! Next time someone asks me "why did you get chickens" I will reply " Why not, why would you not?".

Do you really REPAINT EVERY TWO MONTHS??????
bow.gif

Mine live on sand in covered run and coop. I clean coop weekly and run as needed --sift,sift, sift.
There's no unpleasant smell unless too much rain or I spill water fount…and PDZ mixed in takes care of it all.
Painted at day #1 and haven't repainted, but think it is time for decor redo in coop, but girls haven't picked out the colors they want yet.

Back
Top Bottom