Why i do not want GMO in my food or my pets food

Status
Not open for further replies.
just because it is labeled "organic" do NOT mean it's non-GMO. Organic simply means it was grown with out the use of pesticides and herbicides, and contains at least 95% Organic ingredients. The other 5% could be GMO and non organic ingredients. Search for 100% organic and look the for certified "non-GMO project verified" label. Even on human food.

Quote: Your incorrect here.

Quote from United States Department of Agriculture http://blogs.usda.gov/2011/12/16/organic-101-what-organic-farming-and-processing-doesn’t-allow/

Chris

just because it is labeled "organic" do NOT mean it's non-GMO. Organic simply means it was grown with out the use of pesticides and herbicides, and contains at least 95% Organic ingredients. The other 5% could be GMO and non organic ingredients. Search for 100% organic and look the for certified "non-GMO project verified" label. Even on human food.
Hi,
I have talked to two non GMO growers of seed and feed and
both of the farmers told me if I cannot get non GMO
to buy organic. But not to count on the organic to be non GMO.
But it was the next best thing.
One was in Ohio and the other western Nebraska.
I trust the two farmers.

Quote: People often say things that aren't true.
Especially when they are trying to sell you THEIR products

Quote: There are no proven risks to eating GMO foods
Who pays for health care has nothing to do with the topic

Last edited:

Hi, givemewings310!
welcome-byc.gif
Looks like you're new around here!
big_smile.png

What you have written is what I have understood about the organic program. 95% organic and it is called "organic." Who knows what's in that other 5%? Natural flavors is what I see a lot. And there are some things that don't even have to be listed if they are small enough or there is an exception ruling on the ingredient. I don't think I've ever seen that 100% organic notation. Have you? But with things like the organic kelp we use doesn't really bother me if it doesn't have the 100% organic notation on it. (sorry about the horribly constructed sentence)

Here's an article that goes along with what you're saying. I find it rather amusing. Up to 38 Loopholes http://www.seattletimes.com/html/nationworld/2003741899_organic10.html If that doesn't work, take out the www.

There are no proven risks to eating GMO foods
Who pays for health care has nothing to do with the topic
Hi,
Pesticide and herbicide drenched soil and harvest have
very long lasting negative health problems, and you
do pay for that in all sorts of ways. GMO requires
spraying with toxins, GMO is not organic, therefore
health risks with problems, and you pay for that.

Quote: GMO doesn't "require" anything any other plant doesn't require

Some GMO's specifically ELIMINATE the need to spray pesticides

You just keep repeating rhetoric that is short on substance

GMO doesn't "require" anything any other plant doesn't require

Some GMO's specifically ELIMINATE the need to spray pesticides

You just keep repeating rhetoric that is short on substance
X3.

This is such an often spouted rhetoric about how farmers dump even more herbicide and pesticide on a crop just because it's GMO when the opposite is true. Uninformed people seem to think that farmers enjoy spending the huge amount of $$ that it cost's to spray fields and that we are going crazy and spraying willie nillie all because of GMO! Believe me, the less we have to spray of anything the less production costs we have and the happier we are!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom