Why is a green or purple sheen in black feathers an issue?

I read through the whole of the "Color Faults - Black Varieties" and it was amusing to read : "Small patches of white may be stained or dyed black".

Perhaps it's no worse than using bluing in the wash water for a white bird, but seems like faking to me.

I read through the whole of the "Color Faults - Black Varieties" and it was amusing to read : "Small patches of white may be stained or dyed black".

Perhaps it's no worse than using bluing in the wash water for a white bird, but seems like faking to me.
You can pluck a feather and hope it grows back the proper colour (and often it will), but staining or dying a feather IS faking.

I also recently read over another breed in the Standard of Perfection, the Redcap. There standard calls for blue sheen. Not purple or green, but right in between (at least in terms of the refractory spectrum of white light).

Quote:
what do you mean by active or Inactive? Sonoran when you say Bantam joungle fowl you mean a wild mutation that happened to the Red Jungle Fowl without any human affecting the outcome? and you say something about the SOP? Jungle Fowls dont have SOP

That is how they are listed in the standard. Basically, not enough are shown to make it worth the cost to include the description in the printed standard. You can write the ABA to get copies, but I would imagine that at most they only get a handful of requests per year. And if they start getting sufficient requests, or the birds start appearing back in the showrooms with any regularity they will be included in the next edition of the standard.

Back
Top Bottom