wierd,strange,unusal and just down right wrong names for Kids.

My adoptive mother's name (first and middle) was Arne Arzelia, with Arne pronounced "Arnie". My MIL's name was Frankie Marzell. What was with giving women men's names way back in the 20's and 30's?

LOL My grandmother's name is Thomas Odelia... I found a copy of her marriage certificate to my grandfather and it looked like the first gay marriage in CA! We don't know why her father gave her that name. She had older brothers, so it wasn't for sour grapes...

My one of my great great grandmother was named Cora Drusilia Geraldine Shears... and her parents sure gave her a mouthful of a name with two middle names.

Last edited:
Quote:
Too funny! My mother Arne's mother's name was Eula Beatrice and her husband was Thomas, relatively normal names, but she named her kids weird names, like Ocie B., Staley (sons), Arne, etc. At least the oldest sister was Maggie Ethel, but they called her Ethel, still normal for that era. There was another son with an odd name but my mind is a blank at the moment. One died in a fire and the other drowned, sadly. I did know my Uncle Staley and my dear Aunt Ethel, though.

As a teacher I run into a lot. My favorites are sisters named Adorable and Delicious, and the cousin was D'zyre. And there was a a girl from the middle east whose name was Sheeza. And granted names from different countries have different meanings and sometimes different pronunciations, but when moving to America and having a last name as Butt you'd think the parents would have thought a bit more before naming the girl, Sheeza Butt.

big_smile.png

I had a cousin-in-law from Jordan named Huda (Hooo-da), but the American names sure beat hers for unusual, LOL. Poor woman married my cousin who had my grandfather's name, Thomas Hill, so she was Huda Hill, at least, until they divorced.

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

My poor little Sheeza did fine in the younger grades, but when she got to middle school away from me and some of the other teachers, they were horrible.

Where do I start??

My name is Enola Gay. It was a hard name while in school, but I love it now. I have never met anyone with my name.

My boyfriend's last name is Serfoss, but it was Serfass, until he had it legally changed. And I thought my name was hard to live with.....

I dated a guy for a while that was named Richard Headley, his jerk friends called him Dick Head. We sure didn't date very long.....

Growing up, I had five of the nicest little girls as neighbors. They all shared the middle name Anne, original huh?

I have three grandsons that were born in a twelve month period. All three have the first name Ryan.

Why, just why would a mother name her little girl Nevaeh (Heaven backwards), Angel or Precious.

My son in law has an aunt that the whole county calls Pig, her name is Gloria, which is what I call her. I simply cannot call any one Pig.

My sister named her daughter Mary Jane........

I know a young lady named Johnna, her father died in a car accident before she was born, his name was John.

I live in the south and work with people who's name I either can't pronounce or spell, depending on the name. I have come to the conclusion their Mom's ran out of names, so they just scrambled up some letters in the alphabet and made up names.

One of my supervisers is named Candy Cane.

Another co-worker has the last name Doolittle, anybody who needs him just yells Doolittle.

My manager has had two children, her last name is Walker, you guessed it, two little boys - Luke Sky Walker & Texas Ranger Walker. Poor kids!

I know a couple with with a daughter named Harley. ( their cat is named Mustang, their dog is named Fiat)

Last edited:
Quote:
at least your parents never named you after the bomb, just the plane that dropped the bomb. I knew a richard payne along with a richard hurt I never did get them in the same room to introduce them to each other, that would have led to quite a conversation I'm sure.

I forgot to mention that I currently teach 4 boys who are all named Fred. 5th, 2nd, 1st, and a kindergartner. Yes I did read the Dr. Seuss story about "Too Many Daves".
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom