Wild 8-week-old Muscovy with Angel Wing

Hi @friday027

Where are you in NE Florida?
If you are in St Johns County ring the Ark wildlife rescue --

For Help With Wildlife:​

904-679-1533(Karen)​

678-523-3754 (Mary)​

904-501-1049 (Thaida)​

Thaida particularly likes muscovy. I note in one post above you say that you contacted the Ark -- who did you talk to and what was the response?

If you are not in St Johns let me know where you are and I will find the right rehabber for you.

The Muscovy sanctuary is in the South of the state and apart from telling you how to correct angel wing yourself, they won't be able to help.

Last edited:
@ruthhope Thank you so much for your reply!

I called Ark this past Friday and spoke with Karen. On their website they do say that they cannot help with Muscovies and she told me they could lose their license if they did. She told me to just let the duck be. But just yesterday it narrowly escaped a neighbor's dog. And in the past, we have had gators in the pond.

I'm on the border of St. Johns and Jacksonville in 32258.

I contacted The Muscovy Sancturary today even though they are in Riverview, Florida. I'm waiting to hear back. The same for Duck Haven. I contacted them again today. At this point I'm using every resource I can get. There don't seem to be many. I'm willing to pay to help this little duck. I just can't get anyone to help me. I honestly could not wrap the wings on my own and I can't keep it caged to keep it out of the water as it's against HOA rules.

I guess if I can't find a resolution, I will have to accept it and hope for the best. I just want to make sure I've explored all avenues before throwing in the towel. It's a sweet little duck.

Hi Miss Lydia,
I'm new here, so I don't know what you mean about "tagging this". I set 2 tags when I posted of Muscovy and the other Angel Wing. Is that what you mean?
It's when you do this @friday027 or another member just like you have already done this is called a tag and alerts the person your tagging.

Back
Top Bottom