Will a rooster mate with a 3 month old hen? And is it normal for hens to freak out when the rooster

rant.gif
I'm having a problem with my 10 month old Rooster trying to mount my 13 week old girls that I just put in the coop. The girls are not happy about it and run from him.
D.gif
Is this normal chicken Behavior? The chicks have lots of room to get away from him, but in the coop they have to make a mad dash for the chicken door to get out. Luckly he's a Welsummer, so he's not too big and I don't think he's crushing the girls.

HELP
frow.gif

Sad in Santa Fe, TX
Is thus your rooster in this picture? What type rooster is tgat? Had acquired some chickens and one of my roosters looks just like this. I have an app that’s supposed to identify but it keeps saying it’s a red jungle fowel! But I don’t think so

Is thus your rooster in this picture? What type rooster is tgat? Had acquired some chickens and one of my roosters looks just like this. I have an app that’s supposed to identify but it keeps saying it’s a red jungle fowel! But I don’t think so
This thread and that post are over 5 years old, my friend.

Back
Top Bottom