Will I get solid coloured chicks or laced chicks with my Wyandotte crossing first generation!

moving coops

Songster
6 Years
Jan 5, 2017
I had a thread going and such super help but was left guessing in the end as two different responses! I have listed to sell day old chicks so need to know I will. E giving them the right chick!
1f60a.png
I really am hoping the crossing will produce solid chicks of blue and black with no lacing for 1st crossing!

So I am putting a BLRW roo over white Wyandotte chicks!

I do understand that those chicks from that crossing won't breed anything consistent!

So I am told I will get blue and black chicks!

Most said solid blue and solid black chicks from this cross! And I need to know that this is the case!

As another post is saying no they will be still laced but if this is the case then they really will look like BLRWs like the pure crossing!

I want the solid colors!!!

White wyandottes are usually dominant white. If that's the case, then all the chicks would be white.

If they are recessive white, according to the chicken genetics calculator, half of the chicks will be solid and half will be laced.

Here's the calculator if you want to play around yourself: http://kippenjungle.nl/Overzicht.htm#kipcalculator

I tried going there, I have so much trouble with the + and - and letters!

Oh wow now that is a third senerio to what I was told first time!

And in the second case you stated could you tell the laced from the solid chicks?

Most white wyandottes are recessive white that are basically partridge patterned hidden under the white, when crossed with BLRW your F1s will be laced, but not as good as the BLRW parent because the genes required for crisp lacing will be in heterozygous form.

Oh dad so no solid blue chicks? I better let my people know again! Any examples of these?

Why don't you hatch some and see what you get? Then inform your sellers what to expect. No one can guarantee what genetics your white hens are carrying.

Love genetics, lol.

At least I know that my chocolate Orps roo over my lavenders or lavevender cuckoo hens produces pure chocolate poults and black or cuckoo cockerels(boys carrying lavender). But girls chocolate, that is nice! Wish my Wyandotte combo would be the same predictably!
Thanks all that helped me in that! One cross that will work great for me!

Im curious to know what you ended up with? I'm putting my BLRW roo over BLRW hens and splash (white with flecks of blue) hens. I've hatched 1 clutch so far but they're only a week old so I'm still not sure what they are, I think 1 BLRW and 2 either splash laced or solid splash with incomplete lacing....

Back
Top Bottom