Will peacock Dad kill its chicks?

Shivita31

In the Brooder
Nov 19, 2019
Hi there;
My Peahen had 4 baby chicks a week ago and the whole family seem to be doing so well! This morning I however found three peachicks dead in the bucket of water I had for Peahen and Peacock (which is quite tall). I was devastated! My husband things is too coincidental three would off flown and drowned. Could off Daddy Peacock kill them?
There is one chick left I just separated her from both Mom and Dad. But the whole family seems so distressed!

What would you do? I cannot for sure know if the peacock would off drowned them.

Attachments

• IMG_9339.jpeg
    IMG_9339.jpeg
    913.3 KB · Views: 53
Hi there;
My Peahen had 4 baby chicks a week ago and the whole family seem to be doing so well! This morning I however found three peachicks dead in the bucket of water I had for Peahen and Peacock (which is quite tall). I was devastated! My husband things is too coincidental three would off flown and drowned. Could off Daddy Peacock kill them?
There is one chick left I just separated her from both Mom and Dad. But the whole family seems so distressed!

What would you do? I cannot for sure know if the peacock would off drowned them.
I'd say to get a chick waterer and separate the mom and the baby from the dad. The mom will protect the baby and for both the chicks and the moms health it's better to keep them together. In sorry for you lose :(

I'd say to get a chick waterer and separate the mom and the baby from the dad. The mom will protect the baby and for both the chicks and the moms health it's better to keep them together. In sorry for you lose :(
Yes I had a chick waterer as well but my mistake was keeping the big bucket for the Mom and Dad. Thanks I agree with separating baby and mom from Dad. Right now the chick is by herself on a brooder and she seems so lonely! 🥲

Yes I had a chick waterer as well but my mistake was keeping the big bucket for the Mom and Dad. Thanks I agree with separating baby and mom from Dad. Right now the chick is by herself on a brooder and she seems so lonely! 🥲
Ok, when possible I'd very much suggest you put the baby with the mom in their own space. I hope you have great success with you chick😁

Thank you all for your answers I also believe the daddy did not kill them. He is a sweetie although I feel terrible my mistake kill the chicks 🥲 it makes me feel better to hear other opinions about most likely not being the peacock 💕

Hi there;

That’s interesting I have two peachicks 8 weeks on their own, I was going to put with grown ups , but maybe not a good idea until much bigger.

Back
Top Bottom